SWap from the hook ups Import tek shop

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

congrats on getting your car back and running at least! let us know what happened. theyre the ones i would bring my rex to if/when i ever get a swap so im real interested how it turns out. BTW chris from HIT is a member here though he hasn't posted since summer.

also, are they busy over there? i sent them a couple emails awhile back and never heard from them.

are you taking it back im looking into getting a swap myself did you also get the tranny from them or you used your own :unsure:

I talked to Chris at Hook ups and he was cool and said to bring it in, So I'm gonna do that in monday. That loose brcket is below my battery and connected to some sort of wire harness I don't know what it is. But other than that the swap looks super clean. The motor runs great and all the wiring was done very neatly and clean. After all this the noise that its making doesn't piss me off, the time I had to wait doesn't piss me off and even that loose bracket doesn't piss me off, But the fact that they put stickers on my car :wtf2: :tfg: :ghey:

Originally posted by ferrarikiller@Dec 13 2003, 03:56 PM
I talked to Chris at Hook ups and he was cool and said to bring it in, So I'm gonna do that in monday. That loose brcket is below my battery and connected to some sort of wire harness I don't know what it is. But other than that the swap looks super clean. The motor runs great and all the wiring was done very neatly and clean. After all this the noise that its making doesn't piss me off, the time I had to wait doesn't piss me off and even that loose bracket doesn't piss me off, But the fact that they put stickers on my car :wtf2: :tfg: :ghey:

so what did hit say about yo ride

So I took off my wheel yesterday and out rolls the nut that goes on the end of the axle on the outside of the rotor. they didn't even put it on so that was letting my brake rotor wobble around inside my callipers and I think it destoyed my rotor hopefully not my callipers too. There is metal flakes everywhere in my wheel well. If they fucked up my brakes because they didn't torqe everything down correctly I'm gonna be real pissed off.

Alright here it is my last post on this thread. There were a few bumps on the way. It took a while and I did get new brakes. NOW just let me tell you how bad ass it is to drive an H22 4door accord. If anyone is wondering if it is worth it I say"Does Shadneys mom like Brownies?"
HELLL YEAH. Some swaps don't run well but this thing is clean. Thanks shad dog for the ideas, and thanks hook ups for making my car bad ass.

congrats on the swap mang i myslef have a jdm h22 swapped 2 dr and i like it alot as well, after a while you will get used to the power though and inevitably want more...it happened to me to

edit* on a side note the cv nut would not let your rotor wobble around it actually does nothing as far as holding the brakes together goes your rotors are pressed on, so u know

Originally posted by driver1@Jan 8 2004, 09:54 PM
congrats on the swap mang i myslef have a jdm h22 swapped 2 dr and i like it alot as well, after a while you will get used to the power though and inevitably want more...it happened to me to

edit* on a side note the cv nut would not let your rotor wobble around it actually does nothing as far as holding the brakes together goes your rotors are pressed on, so u know

Then how come when I put it on and tightened it , the rotor stopped wobbling?

Just my .02 But hook ups does some great work, yeah they get buys and yeah sometimes things take longer then you think but in the end they always make good on what they told you.

thats a good question as far as the answer goes im not sure but if you have an accord as far as i know from 90 to atleast 97 the rotor are pressed on the spindle in the front....maybe the whole spinlde was wobbling but then again i dont see as this would be possible either with the lower ball joint tight :shrug2:

Originally posted by driver1@Jan 8 2004, 11:26 PM
thats a good question as far as the answer goes im not sure but if you have an accord as far as i know from 90 to atleast 97 the rotor are pressed on the spindle in the front....maybe the whole spinlde was wobbling but then again i dont see as this would be possible either with the lower ball joint tight :shrug2:

If the spindle is the part of the axle that goes from the cv boot to the rotors than yes the whole thing had about a 1/4 inch of play.

Originally posted by brc80@Jan 8 2004, 10:30 PM
Just my .02 But hook ups does some great work, yeah they get buys and yeah sometimes things take longer then you think but in the end they always make good on what they told you.

They did make good :worthy: I was sceptical but Chris guaranteed me that I would be satisfied and that I am. now I pull up to civics and integs that got the California special and I'm like :imgone: :driver: Its sweet

I just moved from upland, to san bernardino! been by there shop many times but never whent in, its almost hard to find on that damn street. they got a kinda gay local but form what i understand ther work is great and if i end up not swapping the h22 into my moms accord myself then they will be the ones doing it ;) i have seen that all JDM civic they did on the streets befor i moved, they had front page on HCI with it. I have talked to chris a few times on the phone seems like a good guy, though seems theres always some one to clown there shop? i even asked them about this. chris reasured me it was just "haters" and i believe him. theres also another good shop in that area called RAGE perfomance, not heard much but seen a few nice swaps including my friends 91 civic b16.

s3ffe9439de2c3.jpg

the spindle is basiclly your whle hub assembly the part that the cv shaft sldes through, and houses your wheel bearing

pics would be great! if you got none swing by ;) i will snap some hi res photos, just makes sure its clean :D . really i want my mom to scope one with the h22 in it. if your ever going past san bernardino drop me a line yo her seeing it in the car i think would reasure her, and since she dont go to the strip with me and my step pops she will never get a chance to see one, though she really likes the idea.

(909) 833-5007 ask for jeff

LINK TO MY MOMS ACCORD

soon there will be the accord and a gsr out there :p

Back