Swap going in this weekend...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

VTECin5th

Administrator
Well, i got my swap all ready i *THINK*:
(it is an obd2 b16 going into a 95 coupe)
* '00 Si B16a2+tranny. (82k miles and ub3r clean)
* 95 integra axles.
* 98 GSR Wiring Harness.
* 94 LS Rear Mount Bracket.
* '00 Si Complete Shift-Linkage
------------------------------------
| Things to get by this weekend |
Upper and Lower Radiator Hoses for a '00 Si.
Full fluid top off blah blah
Spark Plugs / Wires / Cap / Rotor
Timing Belt
I am wondering if i missed anything?
I heard something about the fuel lines?
The '00 Civic Si fuel line is cut off, can i use my existing 95 Ex fuel line?
thanks

might want to get a new water pump just to be safe.

depends on what fuel line is cut off...is it the one leading to the pressure regulator..or somewhere more important?

well i work 2nd shift, and i have only seen the engine once in daylight, it is cut from the rail, i just need to know if i can use my fuel line from my filter, and plug it into the rail.
Also, the upper radiator hose is 'not available' at autozone, does anyone know if i can use a 96 radiator hose in this swap?
thanks in advance.

www.hondaautomotiveparts.com get your parts from here and definately get the water pump asap. It's time for a new one.
You might want to get a new clutch kit since the one on there has 82k. A lightened flywheel wouldn't hurt either.

Edit: I was able to use my old fuel line from my obd 1 swap, so it might not be different. You will probably need a new throttle cable though since I had to get one from a dohc del slow.

:werd:

clutch

driverside upper mount

OEM Honda sells the radiator hose, Strauss, Napa, hondaautomotiveparts.com or maybve it was .org.

No the 96 will not fit.

just use a universal rad hose...i did...works fine...it has a metal wire in it

Originally posted by formby@Apr 29 2005, 12:09 PM
just use a universal rad hose...i did...works fine...it has a metal wire in it
[post=493017]Quoted post[/post]​

Thanks, i found the upper and lower radiator hoses at Checkers, and i hate shopping there, but at least i got em.

DRIVER SIDE UPPER MOUNT?
I was told to use my existing mount?

I cant afford the clutch right now, but it was replaced in 2004 because the guy was going to sell it, but changed his mind, he also did the water pump and timing belt, all other belts and alternator. all from honda, the alternator still has a lil 'born on' date. :lol:
Im still goin to change the belt tho.
I am glad i can make my throttle cable work, i was a lil worried when i read that.
I am gettin started on this in about 7 hours, so ill let everyone know how it goes,
thanks for the info.

thats the only pic i have of that mount in my car\, but I've ALWAYS had to use it.

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Apr 30 2005, 06:12 AM
thats the only pic i have of that mount in my car\, but I've ALWAYS had to use it.
[post=493344]Quoted post[/post]​

i think my mount looks the same?
Are you saying i need to go get another mount from a car, or i can use my existing mount?
I dont really want to duct-tape the mount in so i can make it to work on monday. :unsure:

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Apr 30 2005, 06:10 AM
yes the driver side mount, I've put an LS in my hatches 3 times and a couple times for friends. It's the same as the b16

does yours look similar to mine. I know it's a crappy pic of the mount. I might have another.

https://hondaswap.com/forums/index.php?...md=si&img=19539
[post=493343]Quoted post[/post]​

your right it does look crappy...lol
be safe us the b series mount it helps out a lot you don't want to have the engine moving on you not fun at all

So your puting a b16a2 in your 92-95 civic well the diffrence is in 96 the great honda disgners change the driver side mount but in the integras they left it the same as the 92-95 civics what you need to do it change the mount bracket that has two studs sticking out to a 94-01 integras bracket it has three bolts that go to the block. I got this bracket and I will sell for a good price. youll also wanna use the integra mount. on the rear can use your mount and 94-01 T bracket becuse the same thing the the civic si bracket is a dirent form. on the trans top your gonna have to change it to a integra becuse they also changed this. the honda enginers took and put the mount on the bracket and they civic si they put the mount on the frame rails. so you get the mount that goes with the trans. on the front trans bracket gonna use the civic si thell work but if you want ac gonna have to use a del sol 94-97 vtec bracket your gonna use you mounts and studs. on the throttle cabel you can use the b16a2s not yours that came from the old motor its two long gonna have to get a speacial bracket from hasporrt to make it work. on the radiator hoses you can use the b16a2s but on the top one use a GSR . On the fuel line you can use your old one just not gonna get that good hp you want if you want hp get a GSR or 99-00 civic si get these from the dealer parts stores wont have them these are preformed from honda. cant be that much. hope this helps if you need more info let me know

ya boy steveo

Originally posted by 96CIVICLS@May 1 2005, 12:45 AM
So your puting a b16a2 in your 92-95 civic well the diffrence is in 96 the great honda disgners change the driver side mount but in the integras they left it the same as the 92-95 civics what you need to do it change the mount bracket that has two studs sticking out to a 94-01 integras bracket it has three bolts that go to the block. I got this bracket and I will sell for a good price. youll also wanna use the integra mount. on the rear can use your mount and 94-01 T bracket becuse the same thing the the civic si bracket is a dirent form. on the trans top your gonna have to change it to a integra becuse they also changed this. the honda enginers took and put the mount on the bracket and they civic si they put the mount on the frame rails. so you get the mount that goes with the trans. on the front trans bracket gonna use the civic si thell work but if you want ac gonna have to use a del sol 94-97 vtec bracket your gonna use you mounts and studs. on the throttle cabel you can use the b16a2s not yours that came from the old motor its two long gonna have to get a speacial bracket from hasporrt to make it work. on the radiator hoses you can use the b16a2s but on the top one use a GSR . On the fuel line you can use your old one just not gonna get that good hp you want if you want hp get a GSR or 99-00 civic si get these from the dealer parts stores wont have them these are preformed from honda. cant be that much. hope this helps if you need more info let me know

ya boy steveo
[post=493533]Quoted post[/post]​

Thanks for the in depth reply, i didnt get to it in time, and the swap is done already,
Thanks everyone for all the info on it, i really appreciate everyone's input.
I used a 98 GSR Harness, a 95 GSR rear bracket, and front driver's side bracket.
My civic mount and bracket on upper tranny.
My civic lower mount and bracket on lower tranny, and the SI bracket on the driver's lower mount.
The swap took us 12 hours but it runs.
thanks again guys.

i Also, had my friend modify the bracket from my D16z6 throttle cable, with a bottle of propane he heated it up and melted it backwards, and attatched it to the fuel rail side.
I have only a code 10, i dont even know where my iat sensor is <_<
(also, this engine runs like piss on an unchipped p28) :unsure:

Back