Swap help, 93 del slow with 2000 gsr

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

itsbigmike

A buddy of mine is swapping a 2000 gsr into his del slow, and needs some help that's beyond me, and quick
1. First off, what is the rear mount bracket used for a b-series swap into a 92-95 civic
2. He wants to use his obd2 computer, so is there a harness to go from the obd1 harness in the car to plug into the obd2 computer? I think they make the opposite, but I'm not sure about using the obd2 computer. If there's no harness, is there a wiring diagram for it somewhere or anything?
Thanks a lot
Mike

There isn't a bracket that you need. You just need the B-series mounts. The harness to plug in the different OBD series can be purchased from www.hasport.com

Oh, and PLEASE don't call it a del slow. I have seen plenty of damn fast del Sols.

Good luck with the swap!

use the stock b-series mount that came on the motor for the rear mount

don't use the obd2 ecu. it has an imobilizer built in to it, and is worthless without the same car's ignition system. in otherwords, no matter how bad he wants to use it, it wont work.

buy an obd1 p72, and it will plug right in to your car. you will have to do one wire change.... https://hondaswap.com/swap/viewer.php?id=51

I've seen fast del sols, I just call this one a del slow cuz its my boy and it pisses him off. He has the hasport kit, and supposidly he's sending his p28 out to be reprogrammed to work with the gsr =\
I told him to just find an obd1 type r ecu on ebay or something but he don't listen
Kinda funny when mechanics think they know it all
But yea you do need the rear motor mount bracket that came with the engine it turns out, the civic/del sol one is at a different angle or something so it didn't line up
Thanks for the help

Originally posted by itsbigmike@Jun 29 2003, 10:04 AM
I told him to just find an obd1 type r ecu on ebay or something but he don't listen
Kinda funny when mechanics think they know it all

they dont exist

now whats this about "know it alls" ????

:lol:

ITR came out in japan in 96
ITR came out in the US in 97

either one of those are OBD-2 years

an ITR ECU will not control the secondaries ... so unless he has swapped the intake manifold with one that doesnt use them the ECUs wont work for him

Back