Swap help in Pittsburgh

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Shado98

Hi to all,

I'm looking for an experienced mechanic or hobbyist to do a D16Y8 swap into a 95 Del Sol S Automatic. I have EVERYTHING that I need to do the swap except the knowledge, and space in my garage.

I live in Pittsburgh, and all of my Honda friends have moved out of state in recent years. I would even appreciate the recommendation of a reputable shop that would do this kind of work for a decent price.

Drag it up my way.

I guess Canton isn't all that far from me.

How long do you think the swap would take. I'm well aware that the auto to manual swap will be the most time consuming. From what I've read the rest of the swap is fairly easy. Have you done a swap similar to this in the past?

You can PM me with a price, and we'll go from there.

I did the B16 into my dual-point hatch swap, all the wiring and what-not. I believe Hasport makes a special mount so no fab work is needed, your also going to need an OBDI vtec dizzy, shift linkage, with all the brackets and shifter, a manual OBDI ECU with a Y8 basemap, clutch pedal and bracket, master cylaindar, and the lines. Thats about all I can think of right now off the top of my head, but Im sure there are a few more.

I've been putting the pieces to this puzzle together since I bought the car in Oct, and I'm 99% sure that I have everything that I need for the entire swap.

I'm still waiting on a few parts to be delivered, but I got the engine, tranny, shift linkage, axles, ecu, pedal assembly (I know I only need the clutch) from a totaled EX. I have a list that I'm working from that I found on honda-tech.com.

Let me know how much $$$ you want to do it, and we'll see if that is a price I want to pay.:driver:

Thanks for the response, but luckily I found someone closer to help me out. Grazi.

Back