Swap help!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

teddejong

I got a 1992 Honda Civic DX Hatchback stock 1.5 L D15 engine non vtec 4 cylinder auto tranny. Swapping a 1.6 L D16 VTEC auto tranny. I got the P28 ECU and because my car is a 1992 the wiring for the ECU is already hooked up. My problem is I have the stock non vtec engine harness on the car. How do I run the plugs for the Vtec and pressure sensor? I didnt get the plugs for the vtec solenoid or the pressure sensor either is there a way to bypass them or where can I buy them? Do I run a wire from the VTEC Solenoid and the pressure sensor to the shock-tower where it connects with the ECU and connect the wires to the opposite side of the connector? Where can I get the pins for the plug? Thanks for your time

I didnt get the plugs for the vtec solenoid or the pressure sensor either is there a way to bypass them or where can I buy them?...Where can I get the pins for the plug?
best option for the plugs is your local pick and pull then e-bay or Craigslist

Do I run a wire from the VTEC Solenoid and the pressure sensor to the shock-tower where it connects with the ECU and connect the wires to the opposite side of the connector?
You can. I spliced mine to the other side of the plug, to the wiring harness that runs through the firewall because I didn't want to go through the trouble of trying to fit the pin. If you go that route, the solenoid connects to the Orange/White (orange wire, white stripe) wire on firewall harness side of shock tower plug. The pressure switch connects to the Orange/Blue wire on the same side of the same plug. Be sure to solder the connection.

Thanks for your time
You're welcome

I'm guessing your D16 is the D16Z....if so.....

Just get a D16Z6 engine harness

I picked one up in Nor-Cal for $60 in April

There under a $100 somewhere close to you

Then its plug and play for you

You can also use the VX hatchback harness too

Just make sure its USDM

someone please help have some questions about swaping jdm b18c itr into 99si, used si harness but am i suppose to use some of the jdm clips w/ jdm sensors on the throttle body, everything else seams to be plug and play just not sure about acouple, like everyone else i dont want to me it up

Back