SwAp HeLp?!?!?!?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

InFaMyKiLLs

:huh: ..i am looking for the motor that swaps in to the 97 accord 5 speed? i thought it was the H22 on www.osakajdmmotors.com for 1850 USD (and the guy at my local shop told me it would be around 2 G's for the motor...but now i am only seeing the S type H22 motor for 3800. (Is that the only motor that fits into the 97 style) WTF??? how much is this swap gonna run me..i thought like 5gs...what have you guys paid??

You can swap alot of motors in the Accord. Which one do you want?
My buddy has a H22 in his Accord and it cost him about $2600 for everything by the way he had someone do his swap thats why it was so much.

Originally posted by integraslut78@Dec 17 2004, 04:00 PM
You can swap alot of motors in the Accord. Which one do you want?
My buddy has a H22 in his Accord and it cost him about $2600 for everything by the way he had someone do his swap thats why it was so much.
[post=433779]Quoted post[/post]​

well i thought there was only 1 model H22 that fits into the 97???? is that true....
i read that the one H22 is 200 hp 161 torque, and the other is 220 hp with ??? torque...which one is best... i have been searching my ass off with so many different ideas..
i want to turbo it later down the road...
i have Thermal RnD exhaust

I think the one you want is the H22A it is rated with 190hp or 200hp I can't remember. The one that is 220hp is the Type SH motor. The type SH motor is better but more expensive. You will be fine turbocharging the H22A.

Originally posted by integraslut78@Dec 17 2004, 07:07 PM
I think the one you want is the H22A it is rated with 190hp or 200hp I can't remember. The one that is 220hp is the Type SH motor. The type SH motor is better but more expensive. You will be fine turbocharging the H22A.
[post=433878]Quoted post[/post]​

and this H22A will fit in a 97?

hmotorsonline.com !!!!double :thumbsup:

osaka is garbage, there have been a select few who've had problems with hmotors but it's so few and there were reasons for it, warranty was over before they put in the motor and whatnot, they always tryed to fix it depending on the situation. You have to realize that your motor would come with a few broken sensors because of the idiots who handle your motor, I've had 3 different shipping companies ship motors to me, all of them had something wrong, one company even broke the crank pulley.

You want the JDM H22A, from a Prelude.

The JDM H22A from the Prelude Type S (not SH, that's USDM only) has 220 hp and much higher compression, and will be tougher to turbo down the line.

And yes, stay away from Osaka.

Edit: You want an OBD2 H22A.

Yes get your h22 from hmotorsonline thats where I got mine from and if yours is a 97 accord you might want to get the obd2 and if you have the extra funds you might want to think about getting it with the lsd tranny

a full decent H22 swap is going to run you between 1800-2700(motor,ecu,tranny, possibly harness) depending on what H22 u get...hmotorsonline has some good motors with good warrentys but check out EBAY as well. i got mine from EBAY for 1059.87 shipped to my door from a reputable company and the shit runs as sweet as a kit kat

thanks to all for the input...i wish i could get those prices 1800-2700....the guy at shop i have been going to for the last 5 years told me he would do me "good" by giving me a price around....
2000 motor
700 install (yea it hurts, i'm no mechanic though)
300 dc headers
200 aem intake
plus tps sensor, new timing...etc.
around 4000 he quote me at...including motor mounts and new harneses..

are the 97's obdII??? my chassis is cd7 right?....sorry i'm a real nob...i had a nissan 4 ever
thanks all

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord+Dec 19 2004, 04:47 PM-->
You want the JDM H22A, from a Prelude.

The JDM H22A from the Prelude Type S (not SH, that's USDM only) has 220 hp and much higher compression, and will be tougher to turbo down the line.

And yes, stay away from Osaka.

Edit: You want an OBD2 H22A.
[post=434472]Quoted post[/post]​
:werd: and :fosho:

Originally posted by TeamUrbanChaos@Dec 20 2004, 02:06 PM
i got mine from EBAY for 1059.87 shipped to my door from a reputable company and the shit runs as sweet as a kit kat
[post=434878]Quoted post[/post]​

good deal!!!! Shopping is your friend.

InFaMyKiLLs
@Dec 23 2004, 08:16 PM
thanks to all for the input...i wish i could get those prices 1800-2700....the guy at shop i have been going to for the last 5 years told me he would do me "good" by giving me a price around....
2000 motor
700 install (yea it hurts, i'm no mechanic though)
300 dc headers
200 aem intake
plus tps sensor, new timing...etc.
around 4000 he quote me at...including motor mounts and new harneses..

are the 97's obdII??? my chassis is cd7 right?....sorry i'm a real nob...i had a nissan 4 ever
thanks all
[post=436558]Quoted post[/post]​

Screw that guy. He's doing you good in the ass. :IDB: :lol:
The swap, if it includes the tranny, ECU, motor, timing belt change, water pump change, and a reach-around; That would be fair. Just for the motor install, that price is high.

Your motor should be under 1500. The install should be done by someone who has done this swap before. Cheap work by UNprofessionals is fine, but cheap work by pros should be avoided.

Anything 96 or newer in the US is OBD2. There is the 2a, 2b, etc. An OBD2 motor would make your life simpler, however, you may want to convert to OBD1 for tuning your turbo application later. A conversion harness and a OBD1 ECU would be needed for that.

check out JDMSOURCE.CA great service, nice engine, on time, and a good price. He threw in a set of JDM headlamps too :D

Back