Swap Help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

What’s the easiest way to get the lower arm off the ball joint without using a ball joint separator?

I dont think there's a project we've done without the "persuasion" of the BFH

Originally posted by HondaMan_2002@Mar 4 2003, 04:28 PM
is that the only way?

I suppose you could try something like a sturdy screwdriver or something like that, but it really helps to have something on either side of the ball joint that tapers.

I suppose you could try that. Wedge it between the rubber and metal and start wiggling it up and down. I wouldn't recommend it though, it might damage something in there.

i assume that youre trying to get the axles out-

remove the two bolts that hold the upper wishbone piece to the chassis, lower it down and you can swing it out just enough to pull the hub off the axle.

jus go get a ball joint separator from atozone...you can rent it for free or buy it from autozone for like $10 with a lifetime warranty :D

Originally posted by SolReaver@Mar 5 2003, 12:39 AM
i assume that youre trying to get the axles out-

remove the two bolts that hold the upper wishbone piece to the chassis, lower it down and you can swing it out just enough to pull the hub off the axle.

Yip,thats what I do.

I've always used a BFH and a pickle fork, but for 10 bucks the ball joint separator is worth it because you'll have less chance of damaging your grease boots that way.........

:beer:

Back