swap in a 90 hatch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

gsr hatch

i am running obd1 in my 90 hatch what will i need to do as far as like the wiring inside the car like in the dash and all?

You will have to add like 4 or 5 wires on the harness to the ecu.

If your in cali and installing a obd1 engine in a non obd car. Then you better go obd1 if you wanna make it street legal.

Plus OBD1 has more options when it comes to tuning and standalone ecus.

you'll need an obdo to obd1 adapter should be plug and play from there...have to get the engine harness converted to obd1 for the distributer and injectors.

You get the adapter and add a few wires and change a few plugs. 4 hours max.

Originally posted by gsr hatch@Dec 21 2003, 07:41 PM
ok cool does anyone no where i can get the conversion harness

check ebay and hasport.com

screw a conversion harness just redo the entire wiring harness from engine into car thats what i did and its like the engine belongs in there i had an obd1 engine and obd1 computer but in a 91 dx thats dpfi and obd0 my friend who is insane when it comes to wiring did a custom harness for my car so everything including my harness is now obd1 so if i ever drop another obd 1 motor in my car its a straight swap here is his number call him about a custom harness 512-670-3655 his name is tyrone tell him russell sent you let me know how it goes......

Originally posted by gsr hatch@Dec 21 2003, 07:41 PM
ok cool does anyone no where i can get the conversion harness

talk to tim @ jzperformance, i got one from him and it works fine and comes with nice instructions and labels on the wires that need to be hooked up to it, catch him or another JZ guy @ Aim: jzperformance, i don't think there on the site yet, but they might be @ www.jzperformance.com, or e-mail him from the site, tell him mike with the rex sent yah and he'll hook it up

You could redo your entire harness or spend 100 bucks for an obdo-obd1 conversion harness, run 5 or so wires, ad a 4 wire o2 sensor, and change injectors and distribtuor and plugs. (I did my conversion two years ago so I might have forgotten something and I am drunk right now.)

blown90hatch from honda-tech.com sells 'em for $170 shipped. i got one and works like a charm. 30 minutes to install.

conversion harness

i converted my crx to obd 1 just b/c there are more options as far as tuning systems go.

Back