SWAP IN NEW HF MOTOR

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CIVICDM

I have a 1990 Honda civic base with a bad motor I have a 1990 Honda CRX hf complete engine with harness also the MT and cut of half shafts. (don't know spine count of stock CRX half shaft)
the crx engine harness is cut down where harness would go into fire wall. I have the ECM with harness connectors with 14" of wires left hooked up to ecm. I have cluster also.
from what my poor tired eyes have read on here all 158 theads ( lol) I will need a injector resister
which I just got on ebay. WHAT all wiring do I need to do this swap Thanks a lot peeps!!!!!!!

Last edited:
sorry sir..... I have only one Honda civic base hatch MT 4 speed. I have a compete engine/trans./ ecm from a 1990 Honda CRX hf. I want to put that into my civic

you deed a dpfi to mpfi harness and ecu, motor/trans drops right in and uses same axles , look up Monotech on ebay they made my engine harness and sponsor my 79 Civic, they make a plug-and-play dual point-to-multipoint injection harness

20170203_124642.jpg

you deed a dpfi to mpfi harness and ecu, motor/trans drops right in and uses same axles , look up Monotech on ebay they made my engine harness and sponsor my 79 Civic, they make a plug-and-play dual point-to-multipoint injection harness

Attachments

• 20170203_124739.jpg
    20170203_124739.jpg
    816.9 KB · Views: 377
  • 20170203_124721_001.jpg
    20170203_124721_001.jpg
    714 KB · Views: 406
I have a complete engine with a factory harness on it COMPLETE all sensors all wires it is MPFI
It came from a 1990 Honda crx HF the cut engine harness at fire wall, cut half shafts off drop it out with engine and trans. still connected together I grab cluster and ecm from CRX
I tried to post pics of ecm

the pm8 ecu should plug up into your 90 base model car and you need a dpfi to mpfi harness adaptor

something like this in the pic. I am a GM guy so Honda is super new to me and I'm not real sure what adaptor I need any LINKS to ebay or part # would be great
my thoughts were to install engine and trans. from the crx hf and hard wire cut wires
from ecm pics and end of engine harness that was butchered out of CRX.
thank you to all the have replied ( knowledge is key on here)

Attachments

• s-l500EMGVIROZ.jpg
    s-l500EMGVIROZ.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 313
Last edited:
something like this in the pic. I am a GM guy for Honda is super new to me and I'm not real sure what adaptor I need
no jesus christ how hard is it to read , you need this harness then plug the hf ecu up into your car and plug everything into the hf engine
s-l1600.jpg

hey BRO that harness is on my engine all ready all those plugs ALL THAT SHIT in the pic I already have.
the connecter in the far right lower corner is cut off. SO per your pic I am buying this whole thing just for the
white end plug. SWEET now ill have two harnesses. I can read just fine SIR
Sorry which every end connects to the ecm so upper left connector in pic ????

yes you might have that si/hf mpfi harness but it will not plug into your dpfi dash harness on each side of the firewall the plugs are completely different , in pic left side is passenger right side is driver

dont cut anything there are plenty of companys out there that make plug and play stuff cheap also the ecu side of the harness plugs are the same the ecu will plug right in you only need the hf ecu and as stated above dpfi to mpfi conversion harness .. end of story

In different words......use the engine harness in your car. Place new motor and trans in the car and use the base model engine harness. Then use the MPFI conversion harness on the old harness. You will not use the CRX harness.

ok the picture is clear i like the intake idea!!!! But damn i want this HF as a whole unit!!!!!!
i REALLY am thankful for all the Help guys!!!!!!!
is it to late to ask about axles ????? the hf has cut off half shafts still in trans.
ive read a few things about 23 spines??

Back