Swap Info

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

shaniqu3

Hello all,
I live in Barbados and I have a JDM 1995 Honda Integra with a 1.6L SOHC ZC twin carbs version. I only found out recently that my car carries an OBD1 P74 ECU with two sockets instead of the three we are custom seeing. The engine is PGM-CARB and not PGM-FI. The engine "knocked" a few weeks ago and as a replacement(not upgrade), I am swapping in a JDM D15B VTEC motor(130ps). The engine comes with the engine harness but I had to source a P08 ECU and the in dash OBD1 wiring harness salvaged from a 94 Del Sol SI complete with the connectors that extend into the engine bay. Everything is for a 5-speed tranny. I also starting buying some new parts(clutch, water pump,timig belt, etc.). Am I on the right track so far and are they any concerns that I should worry about in terms of wiring? Do I need to replace or add any fuses or relays in the in-hood fuse box? What is is a good service manual to help out? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I think I will be speaking for 90% of the people in this forum when I say... uhhh WTF??!?! A 1995 Honda Integra 1.6 sohc twin carb... I knew the motor existed but not an OBD 1 version... wtf. Now with that said, I think your best bet is to take this mess to a professional and let them do the wiring. That sounds like a pretty complicated mess my friend. Good luck!

Back