swap is done car started but getting error codes

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

fr3nchy

just put a B16a(SIRII) into a 99 Civic DX. We got the car stated last night and idle fines but I am getting 5 Codes

9 -Cylinder Sensor
10 -Intake air temp
14 -Idle air control valve
19 -Automatic Transmission lockup control valve
20 -Electric Load Detector

Does anybody know how to resolve any of these codes?

A little info on the swap

My car is OBD2b and the motor is OBD1 so I bought a conversion harnesss from boomslang.

So I used my harness from my OBD2b

I used the injectors from the b16 so I had to re-wire them on my harness, used the altenator clip from the b16 and I used the clips from the b16 for the distributor.

Is it possible that the altenator is wired wrong I don't think the injector or the altenator is wired wrong but i am not 100% aboyt the disributor.

Thanks in advanced.

ok first things first you need to put the obd2b injectors from your d16 in your b16 also you need to get an dizzy from a 99 and up b16 or b18c to match up with your wiring. two you need to follow this guide for your air idle
http://technet.ff-squad.com/ look for the obd2b and follow that diagram it works. i think that can get rid of at least two of your codes right there and as far as your auto tran lockup what ecu are you running? and is your car auto or manual? i can tell you because i am running an obd0 engine in my obd2a civic and it is working well just have a little idle problems but i have no codes so i hope this helps let me know if you need more help

the injectors off my car will not fit on the b16 the clips are different thats why I add to wire the b16 clips on.

The ECU i got with the motor is a p30 my car is manual.

what harness are you using you should be using your stock d16 harness and just adding the vtec wires from there
if not then you are going to have a problem later on unless you wired the injectors right to the ecu did you do that?

I am using the stock harness off the d16 I ran the vtec wires and knock sensor right to the ecu.

The injector clip off the my stock d16 would not fit, they are different then the b16. So i had to remove the stock injectors and re-wire the b16 injector onto the d16 wire harness all the wires match exactly.

The only think that I wasn't sure of is that I add to wire the b16 clips on the d16 harness for the distributor the d16 has one clip and the b16 has 2 clips.

D16 Clips
IMG_0951(Medium).JPG

B16 Clips
IMG_0952(Medium).JPG

Originally posted by mrnice1058@Oct 29 2004, 07:34 AM
ok first things first you need to put the obd2b injectors from your d16 in your b16 also you need to get an dizzy from a 99 and up b16 or b18c to match up with your wiring.
[post=408995]Quoted post[/post]​

isn't there a difference in a obd1 to obd2 distributor

well let me tell you what my boy did i tried to use a dizzy from a car not in his gen and he had a rev limt of 3300 so when i told him to get an obd1 to match his obd1 car and now he has a rev up to 8000 that is all he tried the injectors he did the same thing and he was getting a code 10 and 20 he put the d16 obd1 injectors in and the codes where gone that is why i was saying to do the same thing and on my car i had obd0 and i just converted everything to obd2 and got a convertion harness for my obd1 p28 and it is good from there but i could be wrong then

Originally posted by mrnice1058@Oct 29 2004, 09:56 AM
well let me tell you what my boy did i tried to use a dizzy from a car not in his gen and he had a rev limt of 3300 so when i told him to get an obd1 to match his obd1 car and now he has a rev up to 8000 that is all he tried the injectors he did the same thing and he was getting a code 10 and 20 he put the d16 obd1 injectors in and the codes where gone that is why i was saying to do the same thing and on my car i had obd0 and i just converted everything to obd2 and got a convertion harness for my obd1 p28 and it is good from there but i could be wrong then
[post=409050]Quoted post[/post]​

Cool man thank for the help well find out in a few hours as soon has I am off.

all you had to do was get an obd2 dohc vtec dizzy to put on the b16 and put your dx injectors in the b16 also so that everything would plug right up. the only main difference between obd1 and obd2 is the injectors and dizzy.

codes 9 and 20 are most likely from your dizzy being wired up wrong, i suggest selling the obd1 dizzy and get an obd2 so it will plug up just like stock.

your iacv should have plugged right up

the obd1 iat is on the manifold i believe it's the little whit sensor on the #3 oR 4 runner, for your obd2 car is should be in the intake, just ignore the sensor on the manifold and tap your intake to accept the old sensor. maybe you have the iacv plug plugged up to the old iat on the engine (which should have nothing plugged to it), they are the same 2p plug style.

as far as the auto lock up, are you positive it's not an auto p30?

Originally posted by projekteg@Oct 29 2004, 11:30 AM
all you had to do was get an obd2 dohc vtec dizzy to put on the b16 and put your dx injectors in the b16 also so that everything would plug right up. the only main difference between obd1 and obd2 is the injectors and dizzy.

codes 9 and 20 are most likely from your dizzy being wired up wrong, i suggest selling the obd1 dizzy and get an obd2 so it will plug up just like stock.

the obd1 iat is on the manifold i believe it's the little whit sensor on the #3 oR 4 runner, for your obd2 car is should be in the intake, just ignore the sensor on the manifold and tap your intake to accept the old sensor. maybe you have the iacv plug plugged up to the old iat on the engine (which should have nothing plugged to it), they are the same 2p plug style.

[post=409068]Quoted post[/post]​

the iacv doesn't plug right in the plug is different and the wiring is different you need to change the plug and you need to moves some wires on your B on the ecu everything else will fit tho

oh shit, my bad, i was thinking of an hx :p yes, you need to convert to a 2 wire iacv plug.

move the black w/blue wire from a14 to a12 (which should be empty)
take the orange wire out of a12 and leave it alone, it's not needed.
get a plug off of a harness that had a 2 wire iacv (any b series, or 96-01 ex or hx)
cut the 3 wire plug off
splice the new 2 wire plug on

old plug new plug

yellow/black---------green black
black/blue-----------black
orange---------------not used at all

Originally posted by projekteg@Oct 29 2004, 10:30 AM

[post=409068]Quoted post[/post]​

Wicked thanks for the info not sure if it's an auto or manual p30 will my car still drive with an auto p30 even if my car is manual?

not sure, never tried. it can be converted to a manual ecu very easily though. is it jdm or usdm?

Originally posted by projekteg@Oct 29 2004, 12:36 PM
not sure, never tried. it can be converted to a manual ecu very easily though. is it jdm or usdm?
[post=409130]Quoted post[/post]​

It's a JDM P30 ECU do you have a how to to convert it?

Originally posted by fr3nchy+Oct 29 2004, 01:51 PM-->
projekteg
@Oct 29 2004, 12:36 PM
not sure, never tried.  it can be converted to a manual ecu very easily though.  is it jdm or usdm?
[post=409130]Quoted post[/post]​

It's a JDM P30 ECU do you have a how to to convert it?
[post=409135]Quoted post[/post]​

for jdm ecu's, you just have to change the value of r18 from 2.4 ohms to 1.4 ohms. that is why you're throwing the lock up code. so basically. either get the ecu converted, get a chipped manual p28, rewire your iacv, and get the proper dizzy and all your problems 'should' be solved.

there is a write up somewhere i think it may even be on this website or check
http://www.pgmfi.org/ i know there is something in there somewhere that teachs you how to convert auto to manual it was pretty easy i did it for a friend.

Originally posted by projekteg@Oct 29 2004, 12:43 PM
oh shit, my bad, i was thinking of an hx :p yes, you need to convert to a 2 wire iacv plug.

move the black w/blue wire from a14 to a12 (which should be empty)
take the orange wire out of a12 and leave it alone, it's not needed.
get a plug off of a harness that had a 2 wire iacv (any b series, or 96-01 ex or hx)
cut the 3 wire plug off
splice the new 2 wire plug on

old plug new plug

yellow/black---------green black
black/blue-----------black
orange---------------not used at all
[post=409097]Quoted post[/post]​

close but not right that is for an obd2a he has obd2b ...lol had to point that out sorry :ph34r:

Originally posted by mrnice1058@Oct 29 2004, 08:43 PM
close but not right that is for an obd2a he has obd2b ...lol had to point that out sorry :ph34r:
[post=409348]Quoted post[/post]​

actually, those are the pin outs for obd1, since he converted smart guy ;) and why would you come in a thread, point something out as being wrong, but not give the correct answer, which obviously you must know since you know a wrong answer is wrong.....

Originally posted by projekteg+Nov 1 2004, 11:00 AM-->
mrnice1058
@Oct 29 2004, 08:43 PM
[post=409348]Quoted post[/post]​

actually, those are the pin outs for obd1, since he converted smart guy ;) and why would you come in a thread, point something out as being wrong, but not give the correct answer, which obviously you must know since you know a wrong answer is wrong.....
[post=410083]Quoted post[/post]​

Why are you such a dickhole to everyone?

Well put a new Distributor on and still got cel 9. Anybody got a wiring diagram for a jdm b16 obd distributor including wire colors?

Back