swap issues

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

smashed4thgen

here is the thing i swaped a 93-obd1 b18a into my 90 std civic...
i converted the whole car to obd1..
here is the problem ..car wont start it kicks over slightly one time and then i have to unhook the battery for anything electronic to work again..
whats the problem??
plus the ground the comes from the negative terminal (not the the fuse box) where dose it go to??

i need help plz help
reply or instant message me on aim :debomike666

Recheck ALL sensors and grounds.

so you can crank it by hand and it will start and run? but won't when you try the key?? might want to look into the ignition switch and/or tumbler. also check to see that your clutch switch is still good. i remember mine used to do that when mine was rotted out. you can just bypass to see if that is it.

Originally posted by smashed4thgen@Sep 30 2003, 05:03 AM
i can turn it over by hand it just wont crank over timming isnt it

Being able to turn it by hand, and the timing don't shit to do with each other. If your timing is off, it will not turn over.

Originally posted by smashed4thgen@Oct 1 2003, 02:31 PM
i am using the obd1 electronics ....iam not retarded :p ...i just cant get the bitch to crank

A new starter wouldn't hurt

no when u turn the key one the short wine you hear is the fuel pump priming the system (presurising the lines) anyways it is running now but thanks anyways...

turning over and starting are two diffrent things.....
starter wasnt the problem of it not cranking over...(it was the battery terminal)...

language barriers fucking suck ....descriptive termanoligy is the problem with all writen communication..

Back