Swap it up, nucka!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Battle Pope

Got a wrecked 4th gen Prelude off a guy for a KILLER price. (just ask Prowler lol) I think it's an SH but I'm not sure. They don't badge the 4th gens.

I'll be using the H22 and an adapter plate to use a B-series transaxle.

In short, if anyone can hook me up with a B-series 5-speed trans with an LSD hit me up!

NOTE: This is in Multimedia because I'll have pics up as soon as I can link them.

prob because its goin in his civic and also because b series tarnsmissions offer much better gear ratios

and someone out there already makes an adapter plate to go from an H block to a B trans?

how thick is the plate? what kind of offset do you get on the trans from the motor? what about the axles? hmmm, i;m very interested in this...

I'm going to do a write-up on it as I do it.

The main reasons for adapting to a b-series trans:

1: H-series power without regressing to cable shifter.

2: better gear ratios

3: Ease of install. Teg axles, clutch, etc.

mashed2.jpg

mashed1.jpg

mashed3.jpg

mashed4.jpg

Hit a tree at 80mph. Won't know if the motor's usable till it's pulled and checked.

Gonna need a new valve cover, new cam gears, and a new alternator at best. Much more at worst.

It's an H22A4.

damn.. that thing got fucked up... hopefully you can salvage the motor.. whats the plan if its totally fucked?? you take a bath for whatever you paid for it?? is anything usable?? seats/interior ??

The entire interior's perfect.

The wheels are perfect.

If anyone wants/knows someone who wants prelude parts, let me know.

If the motor's fucked, I don't buy it.

Luckily, my friend Keith is the one who bought the car, so if anything HE's out the money.

not trying to be an asshole by correcting you but that's a 5th gen prelude. and if it's an SH then there should be an SH tag on the upper right of the trunk. unless the force from the tree blew it away. lol i hope that motor's not fucked

Ehh... I knew it was either a 4th or 5th. I don't keep up on preludes. The DOHC VTEC sticker was half-gone also so I assume the SH indications went with it.

Back