Swap my A6 twin turbo for RS6 Twin Turbo?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i say don't do it.

you'll never be hapyp with it i don't think.

kinda like you got bored of your supercharged vette that was auto :X

i say don't do it.

you'll never be hapyp with it i don't think.

kinda like you got bored of your supercharged vette that was auto :X

Well i was never bored of the Vette, i just had to sell it at the time. But i do get bored of Auto. I'm just worried that if i do this, I will get bored of it.

My other thought was holding out until this is paid off and getting a later model S6 a few years down the road. Hell by then they will be pumping 550+ HP.

Or my when the A6 is paid off getting a twin turbo Z06 and keeping the A6 for the winter.

The more i think about im just not sure i want an auto car unless it was an SUV. If it was a six speed i would have not even posted and would be doing donuts in parking lot today!

If it was a six speed i would have not even posted and would be doing donuts in parking lot today!

more like, you'd be trying to move and burning up all 4 summer tires in the snow :)

trust me, it's no fun. the sti before i got snow tires was a near-death experience. lol

I'd say do it, mainly because I've rode in one and its far from being a "slow-matic". It has a sport-shift option, much like the auto LGT's. Not DSG. It cruises nice, and it doesn't feel like a boosted car, per say - I didn't drive it - but it didn't seem that laggy.

IMHO, get the RS6 since they will hold their value more than a modded A6 - ontop of it being a nicer car all around.

You know there is a dealer in Wallingford that is dedicated to getting vehicles like this. You show up and they get you what you are looking for a really cheap price. It's where I went looking for a 911.

They sell flood cars. But you gotta stop in and check them out, it's the neatest and BEST idea in used car dealerships ever. They are great people.

that place is shady. 99% of their cars were previously wrecked, totaled, or otherwise not a good solid car.

Wait for the G8 GXP. RWD, unGM-like interior fit and finish with an LS3. :drool:

that place is shady. 99% of their cars were previously wrecked, totaled, or otherwise not a good solid car.

Yeah, they make no qualms about it - they are straight up about the history, no matter how horrible it is.

I can tell you this, that Porsche was the nicest one I had seen for under $23k, and it was $15k out the door. I was willing to accept the history when I saw their labor and the results.

I fix cars, I can understand what they do. Buy low, fix it up, and sell high. I see nothing wrong with it.

Most used cars you see are this anyway, only they don't tell you about it. Up until Carfax came around and went mainstream only a few years ago, you didn't know shit about what you were buying - that was half the fun. I bought my civic from Clayton's brother in law - and I wound up with somewhat of a basket case (Not his fault, his brother is actually awesome). It's all a crapshoot.

Fuck it, if you like what they did to it, and you like the price - buy. They actually had an 06 SMG M3 there for $24k out the door. Think what you will, a $10,000 savings on a car that got wet and moldy is acceptable.

Wait for the G8 GXP. RWD, unGM-like interior fit and finish with an LS3. :drool:

Haha no thanks....

So i've decided that I can't give up my 6spd even though the RS6 is one hell of a bad ass car.

I'm going to ride this car out until it's paid off and then mostly likely get a twin turbo Z06 down the road and keep the audi as a winter car/bad weather car. My car will be paid off in 3 years so it's not that long to wait. I just know I won't be happy without the 6SPD, atleast while i am still somewhat young,...shit i am 30 March 16.....ZOINKS!

Back