swap my transmission now or wait until it breaks?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

my uncle is a mechanic and he told me that if im going to swap my transmission, i should do it before my transmission breaks because it would be worth more, what do you guys think?
wait until it breaks or swap it now so i can sell it

this is going to be a auto to manual swap

Last edited:
Just think , if it breaks , where are you going to be when it goes. On the side of the highway w/ 70mph traffic flying past you. Then your late to where ever your going, Pay for a tow. Ect. IMO I would fix what is Fucked up before it fucks you .

Just my 2 cent .

Just make sure you disclose the mileage and any problems. Otherwise, one of us will buy it and have to kill you and eat your head. :)

if it aint broke , then dont fix it .

F-series transmissions are cheap as shit anyway. Drive it until it starts to break then replace it . your not going to get much money for 180k mile transmission , especailly if it is an Auto , manual , well maybe 50 bux more.

I've seen factory hondas with 600,000 miles on the clock.

It all depends on how you drive and how well you keep up with maintenence. I'm convinced that if you take it easy and actually follow your maintenence intervals, the transmission will last 400k or better.

Back