**Swap Newbie.** B20 EG

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Empirecivic91

i am looking to put the b20 crv engine into my eg civic, and i am wondering what all i will need, Axels ECU, Tranny, Mounts, Harness, and what is the difference with the transmissions, if i have a b20 from like a 99 crv, but my car is a 92 which tranny would i use (Hydro/Cable) If there is an article on this swap any links would be sweet.

if your car is originally a cable trans keep it that way its much easier. b16/LS/ trans can be found in both trims.
b20 motor
transmission of your choice ( all b series trans bolts to all b series motors )
2000 civic si driver side mount, use original rear and trans mounts ( yes they work )
p75 ecu works best unless you get a chipped/tuned ecu
use original harness on car
OBD1 LS dizzy
OBD1 Alternator
94-01 integra axles and halfshaft

once you have all that, it should all bolt right in.

I believe that my trans is a Hydro but i am not Definate on that. and just the drivers mount? or do i need that bracket too?

the t-brackets are the same either way you go.

My B20 into EK parts list - Honda-Tech

"Mounts:
-99-00 Civic Si(R) rear mount bracket
-94-00 Integra LS/GSR/Type R front transmission mount bracket
-96-00 CRV, del-Sol VTEC driver’s side front lower engine mount bracket
It’s also been stated for B-series swaps into 96+ Civics that you need a ’99-00 Civic Si(R) timing belt mount bracket. This is true since most B-series swaps are from Integras which have a different mount at this point. However, as we discovered the stock CRV timing belt mount bracket is nearly identical to the Si(R) one, since the CRV and Civic have similar engine bays. So for ’96-00 Honda Civics you can reuse this CRV bracket and save yourself $80-$100.

The front lower driver’s side torque mount bracket that comes with your CRV engine must be used as well. I’m pretty sure this mount will also allow you to keep your A/C if you so desire. The del-Sol VTEC bracket is also nearly identical to the CRV one.

Reuse all other civic mounts and studs. Just replace the above brackets."

Back