swap options

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dominicano

ok, i know this has been asked a million times, this is what i got and what i want...89 4 door dx, looking at either a zc which i can get with 6 mo warranty for $650 or b18, going to be daily driven, going to just do basic mods, and just want some go. money is kinda tight unless i wait like 6 mo i can get a b18 or wait about 1 month and get a zc. what you think? thanx.

I'd go B series. I have a similar plan but with a 91 SEdan I can get for $200. It runs and drives just the engine is shot to shit. Anyhow I plan on building the LS to handle ablut 15lbs of boost, rocking a LSD equipped ??? (not sure which transmission). Make it my daily driver after it's complete. Keeping the body simple and sleeperish! So what im saying is go B series. Hell if you can build an LSVTEC and stuff in there. As you knwo with any B series swap in an EF chassis you will need the mounts, axles & SI or DX hubs, ECU, transmission, and modified shift linkages (or buy some from hasport). Hope this helps, good luck in the future.

ya id say go b series, right now you may not want to do much but trust me... sooner or later your gonna want more power!!! the b serise has way more options down the road

B18 for shure. i love my LS, accelerating up hills at 2000rpm in second gear is awesome. Its got enough go, plus if you throw the basic mods on there, you will pick up noticable gains in power.

im lookin to but a B18a into a 91 Si...only thing i cant find is which axles do use..and someone said u have to have Si hubs...how come

Becuase anything other than SI or DX hubs are different spline counts. an integra axles has something like 26 splines where as the HF CRX/CIVIC have 23 or something. Hope it helped

ok that makes perfect sence now....and i will have to mate the Si axels and the integra axels together right? and how bout the wireing...? any knowledge of that for this swap?

My friend used 90-93 ACura Integra axles and everything works. shortbusrebel07 ask him. My other friend ef9civicgen4 used axles that hmotorsonline sent him with his swap.

k....thanks..how bout the ecu and wiring....sorry to bother u..just tryin to get as much info as possible..and i dont see many guides to this swap online..there all b16's and the reason im doin the B18a is cuz its probably cheaper..and i think it will respond better to the turbo...thanks..FakeTypeR

there was a detailed article on it in SCC about 6-8 months ago, i think they swapped into a DX so they had to do the DPFI->MPFI conversion.

Back