swap or boost

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Yes you probably have about 135 crank hp not whp. BIG difference. To get 150 WHP out of a D NA is pretty tough and take lots of work. You'd pretty much have to build a car like blanco who I belive has a 160whp d na.

uhmm......yeah he didnt get ripped off. LHT did a gsr 4 wheel disc brake conversion, walbro 255 fuel pump, skunk 2 intake manifold, 60mm throttle body, greddy exhaust, bigger injectors, and tuned his car, the motor alone was 3500, plus parts and labor.
and no you cannot not get a reliable turbo kit for under a grand....you mabey might be able to get a running run, but it wont run for long. you have to understand all of the work it takes to create, own, and maintain a non factory turbo vehicle.
but whatever if this kid want to destroy his car, idc

there is no way in hell that is all worth 11k. even at the absolute most paying 6k for all that stuff, which is still to high i think, for a shop to charge 5 grand to install it is bullshit. i can do all that in a weekend with a friend and a case of beer. i think most people will agree to go find another forum to talk on cuz no one here really wants to hear someone talking who just has no clue what their saying.

Yes you probably have about 135 crank hp not whp. BIG difference. To get 150 WHP out of a D NA is pretty tough and take lots of work. You'd pretty much have to build a car like blanco who I belive has a 160whp d na.

I agree its a big diffrence, but I'm sure you can agree if he wants to keep that block in that car (Turbo or not) an SI/EX Tranny along with maintance should be near the top of his list to get any real acceleration out of the car.

I just feel he should put his money in other places before jumping into a turbo really.

Yes an ex/si tranny would make a good difference and putting some other stock honda pistons like the A6 with the bigger dome and a nice cam with port and polish, tune, good header, and exhaust would make for a pretty quick NA D series.

Yes an ex/si tranny would make a good difference and putting some other stock honda pistons like the A6 with the bigger dome and a nice cam with port and polish, tune, good header, and exhaust would make for a pretty quick NA D series.

Then Boost! ;)

No... Higher compression pistons with the bigger dome + boost = detonation & kaboom.

The guy needs to read for himself and then figure out what he wants to do with his car and then go from there. Either route is good but if he wants more than 150whp in the future then he should build the engine for boost. But if he does that he will never get 150whp NA. If he wants 150whp NA then he will never be able to boost it unless he rebuilds again for boost. It all depends on what you want in the end.

ok well i dont know if anyone read the post about what i said i want to do now. this car is in amazing condition for a 94. what i decided to do was just keep this stock and use it as a extreamily reliably daily driver. im going to save up over the next couple months and do an integra project car. im going to get a shell in good shape and get an integra type r front clip. do a type r swap and right hand drive conversion. oh and if i do decide to do work to this civic i will do ann ex tranny, high compression pistions, port and polish, and new cams. but as of now all the money is going into the integra project. thanks for all the suggestions.

Do a dohc swap then decide if you want boost ........ B or H series

hmm. i havnt even considered an H series swap. is it any harder to get into a civic then a B series? can an H series make as much power as a gsr motor stock?

Ya H22 = 200hp B18C1 = 185hp

H22 requires some cutting of the floor pan to swap it from linkages to cable shift and some custom mounts.

well this seems like a very good idea now. it has more power then a gsr would and is over a grand cheaper for the swap. does anyone know of any good articles for this swap. i cant seem to find any

Back