1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Swap or no swap

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by Sherman3200, Oct 27, 2004.

1. Sherman3200

Sherman3200 Junior Member

I have a 92 Acura integra rs. I was wondering what be better to do rebuild the motor and go with a smaller turbo or go with a B18c1 vtec motor and start to build that motor up. isn't it very easy to do the vtec swap anyways

2. reckedracing

reckedracing TTIWWOP VIP

a smaller turbo?

do you have a turbo now?

what are your goals and your budget?

if your lower end is good you can easily add a vtec head for fairly cheap...

3. Sherman3200

4. Sherman3200

i would have abut 4-5gs next spring just doing reserch know i want to over the next 2 years turn this into a nice drag/street racing car. i don't have turbo and i don't want a ls vtec because of all the problems with the bottem hitting the walls of the motor and the best way to use a vtec is threw high rpms. So that is why i was thinking vtec. but could a turbo ls be better or the vtec if so vtec what will be need for the b18c1 swap beside the basic

5. reckedracing

reckedracing TTIWWOP VIP

define "the basics" for us

just trying to gauge your knowledge so i can acurately answer your question...
    WHAT?

really? tell me something new

and lets state the obvious..

turbo GSR > turbo LS
    N/A GSR > N/A LS
    Turbo LS > N/A GSR
    all of the above statements are true while disregarding the "potential" factor...
    the GSR always has more potential, if you have the funds...

6. Sherman3200

so it shows to me in the graph that you made a turbo gsr>than ls turbo that is what i was looking for sorry about the wording. so now my qustion is what will it take to swap the motor i know i need a b18c1 or c5 to swap in. I know i need to add the vtec and knock sensor. I also know that you can do a complet hydro tranny switch buy using the parts from a 94 up gsr Is there other things i need to get

7. reckedracing

reckedracing TTIWWOP VIP

whya re you against ls vtec again?
    do you know anything about them??

you can use your trans, or a cable gsr trans
    you can also use a c1 or c5, but the c5 is dumb money and too high a compression ratio for a turbo application...

and there are always other things you need to get, try searching on here and come back when you have a better knowledge base

8. brian11to1

brian11to1 Senior Member

Yea, man... you can go either way... VTEC or non-VTEC... Boosting either engine would result in a good setup. It's all in how much you know or your mechanic knows and what you really want. For me...

Im swapping a 97-B20B into my 90 Integra, dropping in some 62403 cams, dual valve springs, An-R header, Exhuast Dump, Skunk2 Intake Manifold, and Hondata S100 with OBD1 converison. Should net HIGH 13's (13.7-9's), but I'm not sure yet, we'll see... Im not even confident on the track yet either.

Do some research dude, not necsarrily on this site alone, but check out http://honda-Tech.com or http://g2ic.com (Generation 2 Integra Club - 90-93 Integra's) maybe even http://team-integra.net (more geared towards 3G's) for that matter.

Plain and simple, do some research, set goals, get back to us.

Brian

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted