Swap or no swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Sherman3200

I have a 92 Acura integra rs. I was wondering what be better to do rebuild the motor and go with a smaller turbo or go with a B18c1 vtec motor and start to build that motor up. isn't it very easy to do the vtec swap anyways

a smaller turbo?

do you have a turbo now?

what are your goals and your budget?

if your lower end is good you can easily add a vtec head for fairly cheap...

Originally posted by reckedracing@Oct 27 2004, 08:51 AM
a smaller turbo?

do you have a turbo now?

what are your goals and your budget?

if your lower end is good you can easily add a vtec head for fairly cheap...
[post=407971]Quoted post[/post]​

i would have abut 4-5gs next spring just doing reserch know i want to over the next 2 years turn this into a nice drag/street racing car. i don't have turbo and i don't want a ls vtec because of all the problems with the bottem hitting the walls of the motor and the best way to use a vtec is threw high rpms. So that is why i was thinking vtec. but could a turbo ls be better or the vtec if so vtec what will be need for the b18c1 swap beside the basic

define "the basics" for us

just trying to gauge your knowledge so i can acurately answer your question...
bottem hitting the walls of the motor
WHAT?

the best way to use a vtec is threw high rpms

really? tell me something new

and lets state the obvious..

turbo GSR > turbo LS
N/A GSR > N/A LS
Turbo LS > N/A GSR
all of the above statements are true while disregarding the "potential" factor...
the GSR always has more potential, if you have the funds...

so it shows to me in the graph that you made a turbo gsr>than ls turbo that is what i was looking for sorry about the wording. so now my qustion is what will it take to swap the motor i know i need a b18c1 or c5 to swap in. I know i need to add the vtec and knock sensor. I also know that you can do a complet hydro tranny switch buy using the parts from a 94 up gsr Is there other things i need to get

whya re you against ls vtec again?
do you know anything about them??

you can use your trans, or a cable gsr trans
you can also use a c1 or c5, but the c5 is dumb money and too high a compression ratio for a turbo application...

and there are always other things you need to get, try searching on here and come back when you have a better knowledge base

Yea, man... you can go either way... VTEC or non-VTEC... Boosting either engine would result in a good setup. It's all in how much you know or your mechanic knows and what you really want. For me...

Im swapping a 97-B20B into my 90 Integra, dropping in some 62403 cams, dual valve springs, An-R header, Exhuast Dump, Skunk2 Intake Manifold, and Hondata S100 with OBD1 converison. Should net HIGH 13's (13.7-9's), but I'm not sure yet, we'll see... Im not even confident on the track yet either.

Do some research dude, not necsarrily on this site alone, but check out http://honda-Tech.com or http://g2ic.com (Generation 2 Integra Club - 90-93 Integra's) maybe even http://team-integra.net (more geared towards 3G's) for that matter.

Plain and simple, do some research, set goals, get back to us.

Brian

Back