1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Swap or not to swap?

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by CRseX84, Jan 20, 2005.

1. CRseX84

CRseX84 Senior Member

Ok guys, heres the deal. I have my 90 GS. 112k on her. stock everything. I just rebuilt my other b18a froma 90LS. the things i did to the b18 i rebuilt-
    P&P
    3angle valve job
    Reground all vavles
    alll new gaskets and seals all through the motor
    new rings
    milled the head
    Shotpieend rods

Now what i am tryin to decide is obvously 112k is not much at all. shuld I swap it to the one i rebuilt or shuld i leave this one in? im gona boost what ever motor i get in there or have in there. and i need a new clutch eather way... I would really like to drop this new one in to see how she runs.. and if any probs happen as this was my first FULL rebuild. But do u guys think i shuld just wait for this one with 112k to pop?

2. trappd-in-859

trappd-in-859 New Member

I say put the rebuilt b18a in there that way you have a better platform to work with for boost.

3. formby

formby learning in progress

do the swap.... turbo the ls and then blow it up.... in the mean time find a b16/18c head and use the other ls block to build an lsv.....at that piont youll have an lst and an lsv.....then buy a lighter car....... and youll be a rock star...lol....good luck....

4. CRseX84

CRseX84 Senior Member

good thought... but i dont have that much money to do the lsv. i totaly thought bout it tho. and i wana keep this teg for a while. i have had 3 diffrent cars in 2004 and i wana hold onto this teg for a while. its real nice -Loaded everything. i only wana get into the high 13s.. nothin crazy.

5. PhyRe

PhyRe Senior Member

id say drop the rebuilt one in there turbo that and while you driving that build the other as a spair and if you need quick money sell it as a rebuild motor then you wouldnt need to worry about popping

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted