Swap Pics

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

RIT Civic

Hey guys I thought that I should share all the pictures I have of my project since most of you have helped me through my difficult times trying to get this car right...still needs a lot more work but just want to show you everything I have done from my D16Z6 to my B16A1 SiR2 Swap....The B16 is now in the car and running with 1,182 miles on it...just got it fairly broken in. I did all the work myself as my first real big continuing project. I work at a speed shop this summer and had a part time job at a machine shop which taught me a lot of things...might not be perfect but for a first timer and beginner I think I am getting there...I first wanted to do this setup for turbo then changed my mind to N/A then said to myself "I already have low compression" so now I guess I am sticking with turbo. I will be adding a t3/t4 60-1 from turbonetics sometime in late this winter or early spring...I know I know I did not sleeve it but I bored it and honed it and going to add a blockguard with the turbo (only planning on doing 15psi or so with hondata...so a blockguard will be fine for me...want to see at least 325whp...feel free to ask questions as I have had MANYYYY of them here for you guys and please feel free to leave positive and negative comments....negatives are always good to make my project better...and positives are good to make sure I am heading in the right direction...check this three links out which is where my pics are from D16Z6-B16before-B16after...enjoy

https://hondaswap.com/gallery/browse.ph...hp?album_id=726
https://hondaswap.com/gallery/browse.ph...hp?album_id=727
https://hondaswap.com/gallery/browse.ph...hp?album_id=725

Oh and Mods I know that is a little bit too much pics but I just want to give people a chance to see my project (the one that has been giving me problems)...its the least I can do for the help you guys give me...I will take them off in about a week or so...thank

15psi of that 60-1 is quite a bit of boost man. i'd be a bit scetched out about runnin' that much boost on stock sleeves. it's been argued wether or not blockgaurds are even worthwhile. i think that posting the block would be a better idea. or if you're set on the blockgaurd idea... do both. want compression are those pistons? 325hp is quite a bit of power to come out of a b16. again, i'd be stressin' 'bout the stock sleeves. if you didn't already have your engine assembled, i'd say get it sleeved for sure. you're already going to have to pull the head to install a blockgaurd, and if you decide to post the block, the engine would have to be pulled. are sleeves even an option? either way, good luck and be sure to get a damn good tuner.

<edit> also, just curious, what cams are you running? what other mods do you have besides the internals i saw in the pics? what kind of manifold/turbo kit are you planning on running? got an LSD? what about exhaust? </edit>

also, just curious, what cams are you running? what other mods do you have besides the internals i saw in the pics? what kind of manifold/turbo kit are you planning on running? got an LSD? what about exhaust?
Well I am running 9:0 Compression. Sleeves are an option...never really gave it much though tbut I guess it could be worth while. Right now I have stock b16 cams but will be running the crower stage 2 turbo spec cams. I also have a gridle that I will be putting on and was also thinking of getting some stronger main caps. My crank is micropolished but did not bottom balance anything since I might take add a few more goodies to the bottom end. Clutch is a stage 2 clutch net...nothing special right now. Reason I did not complete the project all at once is because it cost $$$ and its my only car right now so I thought it would not be a bad idea to break it in nicely and get it running right stock through out the winter time. I am trying to see if I get the t3/t4 60-1 from turbonetics and a rev hard manifold. I don't have lsd but was also thinking about it. I guess the winter season is the best time to tune my car stock to get it to run right and buy my parts and save them til spring time and then throw them in once the car is running right stock...what do you think?...also hondata s200b all the way. I have read a lot on it and have seen it on a few cars and have to say its a pretty good azz standalone. Oh and don't know what kind of exhaust to go with...any idea which would be a better choice?

Any other ideas??? Anyone???

Back