Swap Prices

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Tonyd0821

Banned
does anyone know the average price of turnkey b16a2 (smog legal) swap in cali?
on a 96' ex coupe 5spd?

i have no time to do it myself, school occupies 99.9% of my free time.

i found one that wants 2800.00....that about right?

and a reputable shop?

$2800 is excessive without the labor to put it in.Hookups quoted me around $2700-$3000 for a B16 into a civic,but that was a few months ago.

are u in cali 92b16vx?

im in so cali...i know prices change somewhat between geographical locations.....

and i think it was 2800 installed...

last time i was checking on b16 swap prices for a civic was 4 or 5 years ago and they wanted like
5000 and up.....7500 and up for gsr

I am in Germany,I talked to Jake at Hookups a few times on the phone about swaps and what not.I have never heard of a swap for a B16 being anywhere near that much.They are in Upland.If you can get it for $2800 install that isn't that bad considering it CAN cost that much to do it yourself.Just make sure the shop is reputable and capable,and not going to screw you around if they run into problems.Get somthing in writing.

exactly, i never knew that the swap price was that cheap, 2800.00 or i would have had it done a month ago
when i first bought the car.

how much does the average gsr swap run

GSR's usaully run around $3100+ for the motor,install shouldn't exceed $600,as it is a very simple operation.

Where are you getting a price of $3700 from for a GSR swap. The minimum price for a GSR swap in SoCal is like $4200-4500. And if you have the money go for an ITR. Signal Auto here in Torrance will throw one on your car for $5300, that's how much they quoted me when I asked them about 2 months ago.

Originally posted by rsaeini@Mar 3 2003, 11:19 PM
Where are you getting a price of $3700 from for a GSR swap. The minimum price for a GSR swap in SoCal is like $4200-4500. And if you have the money go for an ITR. Signal Auto here in Torrance will throw one on your car for $5300, that's how much they quoted me when I asked them about 2 months ago.

yo im in Palos Verdes....

i changed my mind. im just going to stick with a b16a2 and turbo it.
u know any place in or near torrance BESIDES rs motorworks?
and average price of a b16a2 swap into a 96 coupe?

3700 for gsr motor? Buy outside of cali for 3200 complete swap and ship it..

I wouldn't buy a b16a2 for more than 2500 bucks and it woul dHAVE to be a good, low mileage motor!

actually domes, im lookin to pay no more than 2800 installed, turnkey
for a b16a2. is that unreasonable?

Originally posted by karnash@Mar 4 2003, 05:44 AM
actually domes, im lookin to pay no more than 2800 installed, turnkey
for a b16a2. is that unreasonable?

Fairly.

usdm b16a2's swap cost around 2300-2500.. you wont find someone who will install it for 300 bucks :( b/c the harness adapter needed is 230 from that one place you showed me.

Maybe try it yourself?

Karnash, have you thought about doing the swap yourself? Buy all the parts and rent a cherry picker. It's pretty straight forward for B-series swap.
You're in the ballpark. That B16 swap shouldn't cost you any more than $3000 installed.

Originally posted by rsaeini@Mar 4 2003, 02:12 AM
Karnash, have you thought about doing the swap yourself? Buy all the parts and rent a cherry picker. It's pretty straight forward for B-series swap.
You're in the ballpark. That B16 swap shouldn't cost you any more than $3000 installed.

i would try it myself, as i can do the mechanical parts. it is just the wiring that has me worried.....

so the b16a2 engine alone is 2500.00 roughly.....

how much for the other parts needed?
and what exactly else is needed? motor mounts? ecu? si tranny, ?

complete b16a2 swap - 2500.
what car is this going into? that will vary the price if you need mounts.
you will need radiator hoses, fluids, etc etc... it adds up fast

expect 3000 for parts.
500 for labor.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Mar 4 2003, 04:51 AM
complete b16a2 swap - 2500.
what car is this going into? that will vary the price if you need mounts.
you will need radiator hoses, fluids, etc etc... it adds up fast

expect 3000 for parts.
500 for labor.

The car he has is a 97 coupe.. :) (or 96.. either way, the same)

I'll talk to my friend who is going to be hooking me up with my swap and see how much he'll do a B16 swap for. The shop is in Pomona. I'll try to hook you up since we're practically neighbors and all.
Also, try calling Hook-up Imports in Monteclair. I actually heard a lot of good things about them and people say they got good prices. Ask for Chris cuz the couple of time I called some guy gave me some bogus info.

I'll try to let you know about the swap price within a week cuz I probably won't see the guy until next week.

Originally posted by rsaeini@Mar 5 2003, 01:57 AM
I'll talk to my friend who is going to be hooking me up with my swap and see how much he'll do a B16 swap for. The shop is in Pomona. I'll try to hook you up since we're practically neighbors and all.
Also, try calling Hook-up Imports in Monteclair. I actually heard a lot of good things about them and people say they got good prices. Ask for Chris cuz the couple of time I called some guy gave me some bogus info.

I'll try to let you know about the swap price within a week cuz I probably won't see the guy until next week.

thanks, im about a hour south of palmdale.

appreciate it

Back