Swap qiestion...99 civic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

99 civic ex's are sohc vtec, d16y8.

if you got a non-vtec model, you got screwed.

ANY b-series you put in your car will require the mounts from the 99-00 civic si, em1 chassis. the rear mount and drivers side mount specifically. the passenger side mount, the teg mount will work as well.

more over, putting that motor in you car is illegal in at least 35 states, as its older than the chassis. consult your local laws.

IMO, if you're looking for a b16, find a crashed 99-00 civic si, and buy the whole swap out of that. it will be the easiest, and has all the parts you need.

Quoted post[/post]]
99 civic ex's are sohc vtec, d16y8.

if you got a non-vtec model, you got screwed.

ANY b-series you put in your car will require the mounts from the 99-00 civic si, em1 chassis. the rear mount and drivers side mount specifically. the passenger side mount, the teg mount will work as well.

more over, putting that motor in you car is illegal in at least 35 states, as its older than the chassis. consult your local laws.

IMO, if you're looking for a b16, find a crashed 99-00 civic si, and buy the whole swap out of that. it will be the easiest, and has all the parts you need.

Yea I'm 16 my dad bought the car (Didn't care that it wasn't VTEC) almost new and got a deal on it so he bought it for my brother now it's mine

Do you happen to know where I can find out which states that is illegal in...I live in West Virgina if you happen to know off of the top of your head.

Back