Swap question for sedan's

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Black98Beast

I was just wondering if all the swaps work just the same in a coupe/hatch as in a sedan. Basically I want to know if I can swap an SI or GSR engine into my 97 civic LX sedan just as easy as if it were going into a 97 civic coupe? Does everything bolt up just the same? Or what? Thanks
Matt

lol well you are the second one that has asked this question today.....yes and no to your question...you will have to alter your driver side mount bracket like so

http://home.att.net/~eddsp/6gswap.html

unless you get the hasport mount and just make sure you have the following
b series 92-00 civic or 94-01 integra shift linkage
b series tranny mount
b series rear mount and bracket
b series 92-00 civic or 94-01 integra axles( they are all the same)
a good manual like the helms
100 pounds of coffee and a punching bag because you are going to get pissed like i did
also just make sure you bang out the side where the alternator goes because for some reason on my swap and on my boys swap on the 96-00 sedans it rubs so we banged about a half inch on that side and now it doesn't rub any more i think it is because of the driverside mount because it is not the same as the integra mount or the 92-95 mount well the website will help you with that ok man talk to you later email me if you need more i am still working on my swap into my 97 lx 4dr later

Originally posted by mrnice1058@Sep 19 2004, 01:08 AM
92-00 civic or 94-01 integra axles( they are all the same)
[post=392118]Quoted post[/post]​

Don't d-series snd b-series have different axles?

lol yeah i would hope you would know and understand to use b series parts

Originally posted by Initial T+Sep 19 2004, 11:01 PM-->
mrnice1058
@Sep 19 2004, 01:08 AM
92-00 civic or 94-01 integra axles( they are all the same)

Don't d-series snd b-series have different axles?
[post=392248]Quoted post[/post]​

Different lengths, but the hubs are the same (32mm).

Exceptions:
JDM 5 lug ITR (36mm hubs)
CRX HF (um I forget, but imagine a couple pencils for an axles)

Thanks guys for the info. I think I'm just going with the B16a2 swap. But I had another question, my buddy is huge on VW's and we just pulled a VR6 engine/tranny out of his car and he said he'd make me a killer deal. Besides custom mounts, what all would be needed to drop this bad boy in my car? This engine dynoed at 164hp/166tp at the wheels. So this is even better than the B16 if its not much work. I know i've seen a vr6 in a focus, but what about this swap? Any info?

Thanks
Matt

Originally posted by mrnice1058@Sep 19 2004, 01:08 AM
you will have to alter your driver side mount bracket like so
http://home.att.net/~eddsp/6gswap.html

I would not use this method when talking about the driver side mount, It's not safe and isn't worth the trouble. Replace the driver side Bracket with a 99-00 SI one and everything will line up and you will not need to drill hoes in your mount and you can use real mounting bolts, the job listed on this page is boot leg and is not safe at all.

Engine bays are all the same between sedan/hatch/coupe.

Back