1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Swap Question

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by jmarshburn, May 4, 2003.

1. jmarshburn

jmarshburn Junior Member

Okay, I've looked through the posts and can't quite get what I am looking for and am relying on you in the know here to help me out. I have a '97 Civic DX HB that I am considering a swap with something like a B18C5. Here goes:

1. Is that a good engine choice to get DOHC and VTEC... I'm not looking for outright race car, but enough to kick it in a little and feel like I have some power?

2. How hard is it really... if I have the right manuals, half-way decent mechanical knowledge, and the ability to follow directions, is this something that is doable, or is it really something more suited for a more professional mechanic?

Most of the other questions I had were answered in earlier posts. Thanks for any info. :worthy:
  2. B16

B16 Super Moderator VIP

yay area, CA
    1.) yes the b18c5 is a great all motor engine with factory honda reliability. another consideration would be a b18c1(integra gsr) or a b16a2(99 civic si), but the C5 is the top dog out of the choices.
    2.) yes, pretty simple to do, especially if you have manuals, and dont count out the internet for all its information :) you should be able to complete the swap in a couple days.
Draft saved Draft deleted