swap question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tegra2g

b18c1 92 teg swap

ok I have a couple of quick questions

I have a 1992 integra RS and I am currently in the process of building a 1996 b18c1 for boost, I just want to make sure I get everything covered.

since the motor came from a OBD2 car what types of different things will I need to do to the ecu to do the swap?
I will be using a USDM p72 ecu, on crome.

do I need to use a OBD1 distrubutor?

tell me if I am missing anything

I have searched alot of different forums but keep getting alot of mixed answers, help me out.

Last edited:
ok I have a couple of quick questions

I have a 1992 integra RS and I am currently in the process of building a 1996 b18c1 for boost, I just want to make sure I get everything covered.

since the motor came from a OBD2 car what types of different things will I need to do to the ecu to do the swap?
I will be using a USDM p72 ecu, on crome.

do I need to use a OBD1 distrubutor?

tell me if I am missing anything

I have searched alot of different forums but keep getting alot of mixed answers, help me out.

If you plan on running the car as OBD1, then yes, you will need OBD1 accessories...

such as I don't want to miss anything I am going to honda on tuesday with my shopping list lol,

I need the OBD 1 distributor that is for certain, will the stock one be ok for boost, I was wondering about the MSD distributor with the external coil if that would be any better

Stock Honda ignitions are good for ridiculous amounts of power. I'd probably skip the MSD stuff, it's not really necessary...

ya thats what I have noticed,
for plugs I was looking at getting plugs from pulse star I beleive thats what they are called

Back