Swap question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

wentzy08

i was wondering what u guys think would be the best swap for my 1998 civic ex. i want to know what all wound be involved and how much it would cost.im just looking to get some more power than what i have stock.

Your question is very vague. Go into the reference section and read some of the swap overview articles there, and then, come back and ask a more specific question...

I know, K20 swap built to low compression. Then turbo it and keep building it. Then add another turbo to make it a twin turbo (less turbo lag) and make a 500WHP civic. That's an answer to you question. Give us some numbers your looking for, budget or no budget, daily driver or track car, and more info like that for an actual answer.

^^^are you serious? K20's, although great, are very very expensive. Twin turbo? :doh2: I'm not even gonna start...

To the OP, it sounds like right now you just want some more power than stock. I would suggest a B16 or a GSR swap. The GSR is a little more but will be a better dd because of the low end torque. If your feeling really ambitious you can check out an H22 swap, you will have to do more modifying and get custom length axles. Either way you are most likely going to have to convert to OBD1. Each swap is a little different, do some research and figure out what you want to do. Oh and by the way, you don't live in cali do you?

I know, K20 swap built to low compression. Then turbo it and keep building it. Then add another turbo to make it a twin turbo (less turbo lag) and make a 500WHP civic. That's an answer to you question. Give us some numbers your looking for, budget or no budget, daily driver or track car, and more info like that for an actual answer.
k20 are the best motor honda makes but a twin turbo, ummm no

^^^are you serious? K20's, although great, are very very expensive. Twin turbo? :doh2: I'm not even gonna start...

To the OP, it sounds like right now you just want some more power than stock. I would suggest a B16 or a GSR swap. The GSR is a little more but will be a better dd because of the low end torque. If your feeling really ambitious you can check out an H22 swap, you will have to do more modifying and get custom length axles. Either way you are most likely going to have to convert to OBD1. Each swap is a little different, do some research and figure out what you want to do. Oh and by the way, you don't live in cali do you?
the h22a is great for torque but you dont have to get custom axles you can use stock honda axles it just depends on what intermediate shaft you choose to witch stock axles you need.

Back