Swap question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

fearfactory17

i just picked up a 93 civic ex with an auto tranny

im new to honda, all ive ever worked on is GM

i have the 3.0 vtec engine , and was wondering how easy it would be to swap in with a 5 speed,

i know i need a new ECM, harness, motor mounts,and pedals and everything for the manual swap.

does the fuel pump i have now give enough pressure or will that need changed too?

is this going to be a difficult swap? and how reliable are the 3.0's handling boost?

this engines straight from the factory and never been fired once

anybody with any input would be greatly appreciated.

3.0 engine give me a code idk what you are talking about. there is no civic that comes with a 3.0 expesialy a 93.

i think you have a swap but what is the engine coming from.

i know civics dont come with 3.0's but accord's do, an 01 accord comes stock with these engines

im not sure of the code, like i said, im new to honda

so this swap might be kinda expensive eh?

um just a little. they dont make mounts for that swap. so you will have to do alot of custom fabricating. make your own shift linkage new throtel cable. maby beat on the sides of the engine bay to make it fit. dont forget to upgrade your suspension because you will be rideing low and have little controle. i would do a bigger fuel pump expesialy if you are going to go turbo. dont know the specs but after the turbo you might need bigger than a Walbro 255lph. depends on how much hp you go for.

Back