Swap Questions 90 Civic Hatch?????

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

beast16crx91

I just bought a 1990 civic hatch 4 SPEED...it has 255,000 on the motor and im not too fond of the 4 speed tranny...i want to do a zc swap/5speed tranny (SOHC or DOHC)on it...can someone please give me some details...is it more difficult because of the 4 speed tranny?? what are ALL of the parts that i will have to purchase/change besides the engine/tranny?? someone give me some feedback please...thank you.. feel free to hit me up on AIM-brndalivebytym

seriously.. help this guy out. i just bought the same car. same year, 4sp tranny, etc.. and was looking to do the same thing... thanks

i have a 90 hatch ... a ZC should just drop in a bolt up. No wiring or anything. I havent done it but i have talked with people about it before and actually thinking of doing it my self.

to install the ZC into the Civic STD hatch (4-speed model), you will need to convert the wiring from DPFI to MPFI, just like you would for swapping into a DX - DOHC ZC wiring for DPFI to MPFI is a little different from SOHC DPFI to MPFI wiring - if you get a 5-speed transmission other than the ZC transmission (like DX,Si, etc.), you can just use the axles that were used for the 4 speed - if you get a ZC transmission, you will need the ZC intermediate shaft and 90-93 Integra axles - to use the larger Integra axles, you will need to swap out the knuckles/hubs for ones from 88-91 Civic/CRX Si, DX, LX or EX (EX has larger brakes)

Back