Swap Questions D16z6 To B16sir2

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jarvisxl

Hey,
I plan to do a swap in a friends 97 Del sol w/ the D16z6 motor. So, He ran out and bought a B16Sir II Motor, Tranny and ECU. My questions are: How hard will it to wire up since the D16z6 does have a VTEC (sohc)? What else will we need? I have looked at the reference site and its more Civic related, and I know the Del Sol
can be a little different. It might have easier if my friend bought another motor for the transplant, or a whole front clip, but he found it pretty cheap and he is kinda impulsive. Any opinions, answers and will be appreciated. (except why did you buy that?) :huh:

Thanks

a Del Sol setup is almost identical to a 92-95 Civic. when i did my B16 swap in my 95 Civic everything plugged right up. Since you already have the vtec wires it should be a straight plu-n-play. well, atleast it was in my situation.

just a few words of advise. i'm pretty sure you know everything i'm about to write but i thought i'd mention it anyway.

-you're gonna need a B16 throttle cable, the stock one doesn't work right.
-you'll need shift linkages from a Del Sol Vtec. not from any other car cuz they'll be too short, it has to be that specific one.
-you'll need some B-series axles. any B-series should work ok. don't buy rebuilt ones, they suck ass.
-the a/c bracket might not fit right. i've heard the a/c bracket from a 99-00 Si will work

Thanks for the info,
What motor mounts did you use? Did you go with Hasports or did you rob a Del Sol VTEC? Any other info would be helpful.

hey you don't need no aftermarket mounts. you might need the engine that is on the timing belt side off a B16A del sol. If you are not running a chipped p28 and are using the PR3 or P72 ecu you will need to wire up the knock sensor.

first off, chasengnouc...:newbie: if you don't know what you're talking about you shouldn't try to give people advise. what the fuk is "you might"??? well, what if i said "you might need to take your head out your ass". it doesn't mean you will need to do it

jarvisxl, my changeover came with 3 of the 5 mounts. the rear mount from your stock motor will not fit. the vibration mounts will not line up correctly if you try to use your stock ones. basically i used a combination of 99-00 Si and Del Sol Vtec mounts to get the job done. about the ECU, a stock P28 will work ok to get you around for the time being but try to get yourself a USDM OBD1 P30 ecu cuz it will plug right up and it will work ok but you'll need to wire up the knock sensor OR get your P28 chipped to a DOHC VTEC program. i got my P28 chipped, it runs fine.

Rob the Delsol's mounts.

The mounts are the same,except the torque mounts (vibration).For those you need the B16's brackets that bolt to the motor with the sol rubber mounts swapped on to them.

Get a OBD II P30,if you get an EDM,it doesn't look for the knock.Or get the P28 chipped to DOHC,like Rsaeini said.

Is there any aftermarket mounts available? The Hasport says it for first gen B series motor. Is the P28 the stock ECU for the d16z6? I'm sorry, I would have liked to research more, but the motor,tranny and ECU has already been bought. Thanks for the help.

YOU DO NOT NEED TO spend the money on mounts,all the mounts you have will work.

Clarify something for me,are you swapping in a D16Z6,or a B16A?And into what car?

92b16,
if i understand it correctly he has a Del Sol Si with the D16Z6 and he's putting the B16 in it.

Originally posted by rsaeini@May 24 2003, 01:33 AM
92b16,
if i understand it correctly he has a Del Sol Si with the D16Z6 and he's putting the B16 in it.

That's what I think too,but everytime I read it I interpert it differently.

from experience --> d16z6 to b16 sir II swap into a del sol

mounts:
the rear mount stock in your car will work... what doesn't work is the bracket that goes from that rear mount to the tranny

del sol vtec pass. side tranny mount.
stock sol mount from lower pass. side of tranny to chassis
driver side mount i got from a del sol vtec and the bracket from the engine block to the mount is 99-00 civic Si, but i assume the del sol vtec one works as well.

ecu:
p28/hondata
chipped <ghey> p28
jdm / usdm obd1 p30 <-- must wire a knock sensor

harness:
obd1 del sol si harness

axles..
i got mine all from a 94+ integra, but del sol vtec ones will work

Back