Swap shop in St. Louis?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

webink_EK9

I'm looking for a shop to swap my itr into my 99 HB. Who should I call. Anyone have any numbers to st louis or metro shops?

you must be a rich kid who doesn't do his homework and let his parents do all the work. look in the threads, buy some tools, research. quit being lazy, the scene is all about you building and driving it, not just driving sonny. ITR in 99 hb isn't as hard as you think, basically a bolt on.

Yeah, I'm a rich kid and my parents do everything for me. Thought I'd never be one to do this in a board but, fuck you! I'm married with kids myself. I have 2 ba degrees and my MBA. I've supported myself since I was out of high school. I have more money than time at this point in my life. I'd love to learn all about swapping motors and being a mechanic, but the truth is, I've never changed the oil in my cars or motorcycles. Its just something I'd rather pay someone else to do...along with my laundry and house cleaning. If I'm lazy in your book, so be it, but I don't think I really have time to be lazy. I'm lucky my wife gives me the time to do the research I have done thus far.
I'm really not trying to be a dick here. I just don't know why you would think just because I'd rather pay to have something like this done for me that I must be a rich lazy "kid".
On that note...next time you're out driving around in your "DIY" swap and pull up to Mc D's, drive past it, find some cows, kill one and make the burger yourself. You pay for fast food because you don't want to cook. You sure as hell buy parts you didn't make for your car. If I can pay a professional with the resources to get this job done right...I will.

Sorry board....I think this is the first time anything like this has happened.

PS The scene isn't the same for all of us. When your other car is a 360 modena we'll talk scene or at least you can talk to my wife about scene...bitch!

pwn3d. "The scene" I love that. Someone's watching too many movies. If "the scene" was driving around without bumpersand dildo stuck his ass, eg6 down5hift would be doing it. webink_ek9 does have a valid point, but I hate mickey d's, so I would rather drive past it and kill my own cow..

bump

Ok, I'm awake now...sorry about that lastnight. Just had to blow off some steam. Anyway downshift, its all good.

Yeah, dead cow is much better than the BigMac!

weblink be careful selecting a shop to do your swap, also take down any type of serial number or whatever is on your itr motor. after your swap is done also check to make sure everything is there like your tranny or the right block, im not trying to scare just keep you alert about things.

i understand about not wanting to swap it yourself especially if you have the money to have it done for you. it is a fun and challenging exp though your first time. you might get lucky and have someone like a guy we had here in florida at furman acura who did swaps properly and affordable right out of acura. call around some of the dealerships you never know you could find something like that just dont pay more than 800 for the swap. swaps normally go for around 500.

im confused if your other car is a modena why would you be hot rodding a honda? or were you making a point?

I got that for my wife a few years back. We don't drive it much with having the kids and all. To tell you the truth, thats probably too much car for me and what I'm used to. Thats the only rwd car we have ever owned. She uses it to go to events and when we go out to dinner and dates. Maybe some day I'll take it out and play with it, but she's kinda my boss (and won't let me) and I'm ok with that.
I've always loved the civic hatches. I wanted one when I was 13 and that was way before hondas were a popular item for "kids" and "kids at heart". It makes more scence for me to build a $15k-25k civic than to destroy a $180k+ ferrari, not that I haven't been tempted every once in a while or like every day.
I wouldn't consider what I do hot rodding, I'll do SCCA autocross/road races mostly with it. I haven't driven my civic in 3 years. I've got an 02 maxima 6 speed for my daily driver and my wife drives an 03 highlander limited. The civic will be on the streets from home to the track and back. I'd look kinda funny driving that little of a car every day.
Anyway, thanks for the advice on shops. I'll call some dealerships tomorrow and see what they say. I had one place (tuner shop) say they'd do it for $1200. I'll pass on that I guess.

Thanks!

its a very interesting story, having a $180K+ car, but still drive a civic for fun... willing to spend $15 to $25K but will pass on $1200... i'm not buying it.

I'm dont wanna be mean and i'm not saying that you are a liar, maybe your telling the truth... but still I'm not buying it... try it on EBAY.

wanna BRAG... earn the "bragging rights" on 1/4 mile DRAG.

:worthy: I'm not worthy...

Well, lets put it this way...I didn't get what I have today by being stupid with my money. Just throwing it away and paying double or more just because I can afford to is completely against all logic. I know spending this kind of money on a civic may sound stupid, but like I said, I love civics and so do a lot of us. I'm not at all into drag racing at all. Nothing against it, but I'm into speed and handeling. I don't care to drive rwd cars because I'm scared to throw the back end around on a tight turn.
I'm not asking anyone to "buy my story." I'm just taking part in one of the greatest honda resource forums I've found.

well i think its cool man that your building a honda i was just curious you know since you could afford some higher level vehicles.

ok you modest fuck. i'm officially jealous. and i wand pics damnit!!!

i mean... pleeeeeeeeeeeease :D .

I'll take some pics next to my civic tomorrow or the next day. I know...everyone makes fun of me putting together the honda and not going with something with a v8 in the rear, but if you think about it, you can make a civic just as fast on an autoX corse as most of the rwd exotics. And for the way I drive and my experiece, I'll be much better in a front wheel drive car. Big plus that the civic is one of the most aftermarketed car in the world (maybe not but it just seems that way to me.) By the way, my wife read this stuff and went off on me calling me a child. Oh well :roll:

yup, me too i guess your a child, you even says you got 2 BA degree??? oh really???, pls check your spellings and sentences, maybe you got BS degree not a BA degree... BS (Bu11 Sh!7), And of course you graduated from what university???... SCREW U???

why not show us a picture of your ferrari, civic and a highlander (3 cars in one picture)... give us something to believed in...

ciao... dont drink and drive...

OK,
I am going to take up for webink_EK9, I not going to call BS
He is innocent until PROVEN GUILTY
But anyway back to the original topic of discussion (We do we get distracted so f..u..c..k..i..n..g easily)
Have you checked with light speed hi performance on Olive Blvd
Have you checked with Adrenaline in St. Peters
Do know their numbers but you could research that.
However, I am in Belleville IL 15 min from stl and my shop guy is here
a local honda know it all.
He did my h22a accord swap for $800 and changed Every gasket, seal and belt on my engine before installing it. This motor might be a little more challenging than you ITR so you might get a cheaper price
PM me for more details on my presonal mechanic or go with either of the 2 listed above.
OK FELLAS LET THE FLAMING RESUME

Thanks man. Anyway I just paid lightspeed $600 to do my swap. They're also installing my sway bars and such. I'll probably stick with them to do most of my car.
Wow and I didn't see that post before yours...take a look at my gallery. I don't have a pic of my maxima, but you can see my ranger and highlander. I'll park my cars in my driveway soon and take a photo. And I went to Southern Illinois University in Edwardsville. Anyway, like I said, nothing to prove, but I'll have photos up soon...you want photos of my diplomas, kids, wife and dog too??? Just chill until I get a chance to put up...then you can shut the fuck up.
Anyway, thanks for the shop info! Come to the first solo event...I'll have my wife drive her car and I'll run my civic. Here's the schedule!

St. Louis SoloII Schedule

accordlover - by the way, look at the time of the post...I was half asleep and wtf....did you join this board just to say that? Jesus, grow up.

People that hate are gonna hate no matter what so fuck em you dont have to prove anything. Home your swap turns out well post some pics when its done!! But I am jealous more of the civic than the ferrari though I think :peace:

thats what I'm sayin'. the civic is something you can drive every day if you want and not worry about it. and at least I can drive the civic at its limits...I can't even start to push the 360...but I'll still post some photos. Its a purty car to look at! Only wish my civic had f1 shift.

Back