Swap spelled out

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

C-Bye

Ok

VEHICLE
91 dx, the last owner did the dx to zc conversion on hybridgarage. b10 and b12 run to old c1 and c2 so on... injectors totally separate(custom harness)straight from the ecu plug. he ran a obd0'ed B16a2. so had a resistor box.

ENGINE
93 XSI(B16a)obd1- I bought a obd jumper wire 0 to 1, distributor adaptors and subharness(vtec, knock, etc) everything looks correct double qwadruple checked.(2 weeks of checking)

PROBLEM
The engine starts(doesn't like to), givin alittle gas helps, two codes come on #4 and #9. Cylinder position, and crank position sensors. checked wiring 100 times. like said before, B10-orange, B12-white. 2 wires ran from C1 and C2 throught firewall two Blue/Green and Blue/yellow dizzy wires.

QUESTIONS
old setup used resistor box? should I try using one?(i have all connected together)not verywell, didn't want to cut off clips if resistor box was needed.

I am out of ideas on where to check next?

There it is "VEPQ" <-get it "spelled out" Haha I made a funny!

ok had to edit,

check this, I was laying in my passengerside floorboard, when I noticed i was getting wet and sticky, smell my arm: deffinately coolent, that can mean what one thing, HEATER CORE, whole dash comes out for that, right? I have the original harness(obd1) should I just switch it totally up to integra wiring, being the dash is going to be out? and my buddy has a 90-93 integra dash?

what r your opinions? anyone done it, would be sweet. oh, it could be heavier, I am going to search for info!!!!

The start up sounds like bad timing, through and through. Like it's skipped a single tooth.

Also, my D series will also turn over like there is no compression if it sits for 3 or more days. So give it a few shots before grabbing your gun.

The wiring is the least of the problems. The ECU is pulling a CAS code, (Cylinder position?) also sounds in line with being off one tooth.

Heater core is a complete PITA. I have an 89 Teg leaving the shop with new brakes, and a 91 ED coming in for a heater core replacement. Yeah, dash comes out.

CAS is crank angle sensor.

check it. it may not be wiring, just malfunctioning. also im with steve on the timing. make sure it is timed correctly before anything else.

you could also just have a loose heater hose.

to my knowledge(books, etc)

#4-CKP(Crankshaft position sensor)
#9-CYP(Cylinder)<- thats all it says

CAS (Crank angle sensor)- is there a code for that, is it the same one I am talkin about,where is it? in the dizzy correct. I am confuzed, now?

just bought the engine from H motors, didn't check timing thought it wouild be fine.

Hey now we a gettin somewhere, Played around with the CYP wires, used ohmmeter, no more code #9, and rewired new wires striaght to CKP(dizzy), no more code #4, but now I have code #14, IVC or somethin.

Car has hard time starting, smokes(maybe runnin rich),
And maybe I'm crazy sounds like runs like a diesel

There Is two vaccum hose fittings on the throttlebody, one directly above intake and one offset to the front. well the one on top came from H-motors broken, could that be my code problem, or is it going to be a problem at all?

Put on aan airbox, and change one plug, No more codes.

Now just have to change the heater core. I have it by-passed right now. One problem still. Fan wasn't coming on.HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM We'll have to work tommorrow. it will be a grand afternoon. :cool:

Back