SWAP troubles.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

notstock93

I am going to need soms pictures of B18C1's swapped into a DA. Im in the middle of the swap, and I want to make sure I have everything how its supposed to be so I can avoid any major problems. Thanks everyone, and please hurry, I am taking the old motor out tommorow!

New engine-
B16A2 (OBD-I) balanced bottom w/ ARP rod bolts. Honda Bearings.
B18C1(OBD-I) head with dual stage manifold.
P72 ECU
All the basic bolt ons and CM stage 3 with 7.5lb flywheel.

I need to know if Im going to have to add any vacuum lines or anything wierd like that.

If you really want to make sure you have everything correct to avoid major problems, you need to step back and check EVERYTHING. There are way to many little things the we could not get covered by tomorrow. So, search around for what you particularly need to know, the info is out there.
Chris

OK, the wiring is going to be done professionally, but I need to know if there are going to be any coolant hoses from a B16A2 block that dont bolt up to a B18C1 (OBD-I) head with stock everything. Has anyone done this before? Can I get some pictures if thats possible?

Originally posted by brc80@Jan 21 2004, 03:41 PM
why a b16 block with a gsr head?

I wanted higher compression and bigger cams, and the dual stage manifold should help with the complete lack of anything called torque.

OK, here is the deal. Anyone who can give me a drawn diagram or pictures of a GSR intake mani with coolant lines labeled CLEARLY will get 20 bucks through my paypal. This is going to require some research on your part, but its an easy way to make a 20. I have this deal going on honda-tech as well. The diagram has to

1- show where the coolant lines come out from a b16a2 block
2- show where the coolant lines go into OBD-I B18C1 head and manifold (all completly stock)
3- be accurate.

Let the race begin.

Back