Swap/wiring Issue

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

whiterice82

i swapped a b16 into my 89 crx (DX) & it wont rev past 2400 rpm. i'm gettin code 7 for TPS & 14 for IACV/EACV. i went through theharness late last night & found that one wire leading to the IACV was cut & just left inside the harness. it is black w/ yellow. the honda manual shows it goin ot the IACV, but my harness has an orange one in the terminal, with the second terminal empty & the black wire that was cut. should this black/yellow be included in the hook-up of the IACV? also, would this be enough to put my car in limp mode, or do i have another problem to worry about? any help would be great. thanks!

yes IAC wiring cause your car not to rev...i've seen it happened...it sounded like Fuel cut-off at a very low RPM...like around 2.5K RPM or a lil higher...

Originally posted by legutki@May 5 2003, 03:35 PM
Why do you have to switch outside wires on a tps?

because with the new computer, when you're at WOT, the computer will think its at fully closed and when its at fully closed, your computer will think its at WOT.

That was just because he was getting a code 7 correct.

Back