Swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Pewble

In a few months I will be swapping motors. I was considering a GS-R motor for obvious reasons. ( its displacement, redline, pretty good power all around, even USDM version is respectable, even though I would get the JDM one). Then I read a Turbo LS is cheaper and has more power potential for the money. Turbo GS-R seems to expensive for me, I want to upgrade suspesion and get rims, ETC. (Even though VTEC is temping :0) OK so anyway, What internals need upgrading when u get a large turbo ( I will be getting some kind of ball-bearing turbo kit, because they are better.) I am hoping its just cams, valve springs, and retainers. If I need Pistons, Rods or a crankshaft, that would suck, because that sort of engine work is expensive.. right? ALSO... Sorry to bore you .. heh... I am also guessing a small turbo would be just fine.... small kits are still like $3,000 right.. cause right now im a little in debt so I have time to decide what sort of things I want to buy. I am giving a special thanks to whoever reads this and tries to answer whatever they can. oh yea... if I go the supercharger route, I again, am guessing the GS-R motor would be better. Thanks again, peace! :(

Skip the Supercharger. Which ever engine you pick (and yes the LS is much cheaper), you will need to do the pistons and rods. Honda and Nissan cranks particularly, are tough as nails, you don't have to upgrade them like domestics. Just a little balancing and your set. Honda top ends are nice from the factory, not that you can't make a good thing better- but for comparison sake, you could not touch the top end and make gobs of power. Skip the bottom end and you will make piston paperweights.

Back