Swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Crix

A freind of mine and I were take out a Ex motor and on the passenger side the axles is stuck in tranny. We can get it about 3/4 of the way out but will not buge. We are think that the c-clip might have been exspaned or something and is holding up the axle from coming out of the tranny? And tricks or anything to get the axles out?

well if your taking the whole eng tranny combo out then screw it just leave it and take it all at the same time.
if your not try using a prybar to pry that bastard out
another thing ive doen is keep the axle nutt on and stick a ball joint seperator or pry bar between the nutt and the hub and pry.
or take off the ball joint castle nut and take the hob assembly off and swing the whole thing out.
hope one of those helps

pry like there is no tomorrow, ive run into a couple it'll give just watch your knuckles!!!

Its not coming out, I used the mother of all pry bars. Its like 4ft long. Its on a lift and we all tried, its not coming out. I guess the c clap is opened up and its not letting the axles come out. We could have just hit it from the inside though the tranny with a pick or something.

Just replaced the inner joints and packed it with grease works fine not, no clunking or clicking sounds. Thanks for you time though. :)

Back