swap?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civicEX

1996 Honda Civic EX
ok im driving a 96 civic ex coupe. the engine is a d16 non vtec but this dude was tryin to tell me it is vtec cuz of the stock exhaust system...i have no idea the motor has 92K on it but im lookin to get a b18 i cant find one anywhere and how much do swaps normally cost?

you can get motors online, but i cant say for sure you can trust them. If any problems it would be bummer to send it back. A decent b18c1 would be around 2400 to 2800 with complete motor and tranny, wires and all that stuff, you should buy new mounts, axles, that would cost another what... 500 to 600 dallors. If you are planning to do the work yourself you can save a load of cash. If you cant do it and decide to goto a local shop then it might cost you an arm and a leg

well i dont have the tools to do it my self my friends dad owns a shop and he said if i toss him 100 bucks he will let me use a lift and all the tools but i have to do it myself but im tryin to get a b18 engine i dont care c1 or w/e and putting a decent turbo on it and ive been looking at the one jdm website and i can find b18s but for like 92-95 civics and i dont no what it would cost to make that engine work

Ok, first off, you need to set some power goals.
250-300whp is alot of power. It also takes a fair amount of work to get there.
Next thing, is a budget. For around 7k you can have a full swap and turbo setup. You can do it for cheaper than that, but you have to be willing to do some fabwork and work through some headaches.

As for swaps, there are a few sites that are trusted by many of us here. I know for a fact that these couple are.

jdm-online.com
hmotorsonline.com

Try those places. The b18 is a good platform. Keep in mind that you will need to wire in the knock sensor and the vtec solenoid if you get a gsr or itr motor. Or any VTEC motor for that matter. Anyway, time to start doing some research, good luck.

ITR is a good motor, damn i wish i can get one, but im currently looking towards a GSR, horse power difference is about 30, if you can get a ITR then thats great, it would be a best ideal to look at the timing belt and water pump, should do it when the motor is still out side, do the idle pulley, and all that, get that new motor a new motor touch. So basically its not just the swap, its changing out old parts for new. When you swap a motor, it takes money if you want to get it done right the first time.. Take your time and research like me, im researching as im typing and thank the big G above for hondaswap <---- Should also rebuild the Head too

Back