Swaped fodo 2.0, Need your opinions.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

friz

You all might remember me from a few years ago. I got a 93 civic LX fodo hand me down from my wife and wanted more performance for my 2hr daily commute. Well I followed your advice and ended up with an SiR conversion. I have kept the conversion pretty stock and it has been extremely reliable. Well by the end of the year I will have over 300,000 miles on it and want to start looking at a replacement. I am considering an 06-07 civic si or possibly a 06-07 civic with an K20 or K24 swap. I hope you all will bear with me on this, I am slower then congress when it comes to making a decision. Here are som pics of my current car.
Dscf0099.jpg

Dscf0095.jpg

Dscf0091.jpg

damn thats a clean looking car bro :thumbsup:

if the car is still running good, why not just keep it? IF you decide to get a new vehicle and trade that in, you arent gonna get shit for it because of the mileage and the dealership could give 2 shits if it has a motor swap (until they go to sell it). it might be in your best interest to either keep it or sell it to a private party.

I plan to keep it for my kids to drive. Just getting tired of it i guess. I just want to know if I would be better off getting an Si or swapping a current model LX. I kind of like having a sleeper.

Swap an older 02-05 LX or DX fodo. They seem to be cheaper than 96-00's for some reason and no one wants them because of the shitty motor options.

Update. I tried to buy a new civic a couple of months ago and the dealer wanted me to open my wallet and let him decide what I needed and then take what ever he wanted for it. I left. I guess I don't understand how cars are bought these days. Oh well really didn't need it.

Gosh man, since you brought your own thread back from the dead, I will comment without fear of getting yelled at for bringing it back myself. haha

That car is in GREAT shape and beautiful. If you like the sleeper look so much, why not keep it and perhaps paint it another color and do some more internal upgrades to it? Either way, I'm curious where you end up with it and wish you the best. :D

P.S. What exactly does "Fodo" mean?

haha...ahh, okay. I have a '94 "Fodo" then, and I love the heck out of it.

What do you think you will end up doing with it?

Gosh man, since you brought your own thread back from the dead, I will comment without fear of getting yelled at for bringing it back myself. haha

That car is in GREAT shape and beautiful. If you like the sleeper look so much, why not keep it and perhaps paint it another color and do some more internal upgrades to it? Either way, I'm curious where you end up with it and wish you the best. :D

P.S. What exactly does "Fodo" mean?

I have decided that it will go under the knife in the near future and get freshened up a bit.

Here's my 07. It's ok, nothing sepcial, no K series unfortunately.

Attachments

• Photo-0044.jpg
    Photo-0044.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 111
  • Photo-0066.jpg
    Photo-0066.jpg
    186.6 KB · Views: 110
Nice looking fodo, I have a 92' that I'm looking to put a gsr in this summer. Right now I'm just doing the suspension thing.

Does Calista still have the turbo GSR fodo?

06-07 civic si or possibly a 06-07 civic with an K20 or K24 swap.

Isn't that pretty much the exact same thing? :huh:

If you want an 06-07 Civic with a K-series, then just get the Si. That way you'll have the other benefits the Si offers (brakes, suspension, exterior/interior looks, etc.), plus you'll have a warranty. Any 06-07 Civic that's had a K-series swap is definitely NOT covered under warranty anymore, and that's not such a cool thing on a car that new...

Why not just K-swap your current car? You'll spend less than you would on buying a new one, plus no warranty to mess with and it will probably be faster overall since it'll be lighter than the 06+ chassis...

Isn't that pretty much the exact same thing? :huh:

If you want an 06-07 Civic with a K-series, then just get the Si. That way you'll have the other benefits the Si offers (brakes, suspension, exterior/interior looks, etc.), plus you'll have a warranty. Any 06-07 Civic that's had a K-series swap is definitely NOT covered under warranty anymore, and that's not such a cool thing on a car that new...

Why not just K-swap your current car? You'll spend less than you would on buying a new one, plus no warranty to mess with and it will probably be faster overall since it'll be lighter than the 06+ chassis...

I would drive it a while before I swapped it. The main reason I would swap an LX is that the "boy racer" look of the SI turns me off. Also insurance over the life of the car would be much cheeper.

I would drive it a while before I swapped it. The main reason I would swap an LX is that the "boy racer" look of the SI turns me off. Also insurance over the life of the car would be much cheeper.

True on the insurance, yeah. But then again, K-swapping your current car would yield even lower insurance rates...:D

Back