swapin a b18 into a crx... help!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

redhondacrx

ok i bought a b18 out of an intergra it includes the motor,tranny,axels,engine mounts, ecu, and wire harness all for $800... ok great deal right??? what problems am i going to come across/ what am i going to need to make this work in a sat/sun swap including garage & tools..... jake

Originally posted by redhondacrx@Apr 15 2005, 08:34 PM
what problems am i going to come across/ what am i going to need to make this work in a sat/sun swap including garage & tools....

The wiring part will depend on what your car is. Is it a DX or a HF/SI?
If it's a DX you need to add MPFI wiring to it. See Rywire.com for that.
Otherwise it's easy.

#1 thing, you can't use that wire harness that came with the integra engine
If you're an HF/Si you'll just use your stock CRX/Civic MPFI harness on that engine.

http://www.rywire.com

And i must say... whats with everyone saying "search" to everything?
... either you have something usefull to say. OR YOU DONT.

i helped and fu noob all this info is on the site search for it and you will find many diff people covering the same thing over and over so

search
and you were so helpfull droppedcrxsi

motor mounts are going to be different and your going to modify your shift linkage, if you know what your doing then it will take you a weekend to do the swap, if you have know idea what your doing plan on one to two weeks to get the swap done

Originally posted by TWISTEDIMAGE@Apr 16 2005, 01:12 AM
i helped and fu noob all this info is on the site search for it and you will find many diff people covering the same thing over and over so

search
and you were so helpfull droppedcrxsi
[post=487748]Quoted post[/post]​

if you knew anything youd know to stfu. hes not a n00b. youre probably a n00b to him. just cause he has a lower post count doesnt mean he doesnt know anything. see that link he provided? yea that HIS company.

searching does help answer a lot of questions, but lets not turn this into H-T people.

Please help us better answer your question by providing more details about your setup and/or your problem.

For example, please post the following:
  • car: year, make, model, trim
  • engine / transmission / ecu
  • basic mods list that applies or may apply to your question
  • fuel management, etc, and anything else that may apply to your question.
Also, please specify what is wrong or what you need help with EXACTLY. Doing this will help you get a better answer to your question.

Thanks,
The Moderating Team

Dont Forget To BANG Out the FIREWALL Next To Where the ALTERNATOR is going to sit, So there is Clearance for the ALTERNATOR to Spin Freely.
Also, Change the Front Hubs if it is an HF or DX, So the B-Series Axles can Fit.
You Need 90-93 Integra Throttle Cable and In some cases a 90-93 Integra Clutch Cable. You might need a speedo Cable also, I needed One.
The Stock Exhaust Wont Match up to the B-Series Header, You might need to modify that.
You Need either a Cut and Welded Shift Linkage(Which I Have For Sale) or an Aftermarket Set made from Hasport, and Avid.

Originally posted by CReX123@Apr 19 2005, 12:10 AM
Also, Change the Front Hubs if it is an HF or DX, So the B-Series Axles can Fit.

[post=488566]Quoted post[/post]​

Dont change the knuckles if its a dx, the dx are the same as the si... www.droppedcrxsi.com

I have a lot of how to info...

And thanks gsrcrxsi, your right i am no noob (I was at crxpo back on 99, thats OG rexer status :blink: )

Back