1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

swaping 98 brakes onto 92 civic...???

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by tip, Jul 25, 2005.

1. tip

tip Senior Member

i have a 92 4dr dx civic and about to swap , if possible, 98 gsr rear brakes onto it. i am buying the rear arm with everything still attached to it and i ned to know if it will bolt right up without fab. and if the coilovers i have on the car right now will work with the gsr arm....???? PLEASE HELP

2. becoming

becoming Member

YES it will, i just got mine done about 2 weeks ago, i used everything from the trailing arms, lower control arms, e-brake cables ect. I also used the front knuckles from the integra on my civic also to get bigger brakes up front too. even the sway bars are a direct bolt on using the sway bar brackets from the integra, all of the mounting holes should be there for you to do the swap! Just be sure to get your car alligned after you do this!!< VERY important you do this:}

3. tip

tip Senior Member

cool thats great but about the coilovers i already have will they fit because these are not just some ebay specials. i have intrax ARS coilovers and they costt alot to just lose two of them

4. becoming

becoming Member

OHH, thats no problem, just use you spring/shock setup from your civic onto either the factory civic LCA, or swap the teg LCA to later use sway bars. The LCA's are shaped differently, but the mounting points are the same, so you can use either set you like.

5. tip

tip Senior Member

so just to verify and be 100% for sure.....even though the teg lower control are is shaped different i can still use my coilover....???

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted