Swaping B18B to either B18C1 or C5. Which one?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sorry dude 8hp is not a HUGE gain- that's a ridiculously small gain for the money that manifold costs

368 dollars for 8 hp is absolutely retarded

now if we're talking an all motor car, or a turbo car than I can absolutely see it's value- but for a stock motor, that's not even worth the loss in low end

$368? Where shopping at Corie? I see em for around $250 all the time, since it is so close to the ITR, I am guessing it's getting harder for people to get others to pay for the name.

Yea, MSRP isn't a good comparision. I tend to price based on classifieds more, because after all, something is only worth, what someone else will pay :)

yes this is true, but my dumbass insists on paying MSRP because i get too impatient to shop around

I now man.. Well i tried doin hw on all of it. I nkew u had to run lines but everyone kept saying oh its not hard and all. Well the guys who are doin the trubo kit is at a performance store here in my area.

s3e347adc242f8.jpg

i'm sorry, i had to- I couldn't understand one word of what you were trying to say

first off, he got the mani for 50 bucks ... it was hand-me-down from his brother. second, 8whp and some all the way up is a HUGE gain for $50 :p. third, that amount of power for $349 is still HUGE for the money. however, if you're dead set on the turbo kit, maybe consider a different mani. i'm not a turbo guy whatsoever, so i don't know what's the best turbo IM for the gsr.

the gsr one sucks ass, definately swap it out for something better.

honestly, i think you really need to slow down with this whole process. you bought a swap in 20 minutes w/o having much of any idea what you're getting into. try learning a little bit about exactly what you're doing; beter yet learn how to do it yourself, so you don't have to pay a shop, and can make money off of friends. ;) hondas are amazingly EASY to work on despite what you might think right now.

oh yeah ... if you have the motor out now, why didn't you just get a b16 tranny and head and build a nice ls/vtec ??? or just rebuild it & boost the ls hard.

you spend all that on a swap, and you could have built a faster turbo motor for much less $.

see what i mean?

Back