swaping b18c1 into 90 teg ..problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

90LS94GsR

:blink: Alritght i'm swaping a 98 gsr b18c1 into my rusty 90 teg ls, now the gsr motor is in a civic 93 that was smacked for the back pretty bad......i cut the back half off and now its time to take everything else off,
I know i'm gonna have to switch trans from 90 dew to the fact that its cable.....So what should i take when it comes to the wiring??? :confused: the whole harness, or do i use the one that comes with the teg??? i took the computers out of both cars and the plugs are diffrent, i really dont want to tare the whole teg apart changing harnesses, can i do this with out buying a patch between the two but still use the new computer, states on the new one that it has been modifed......can see the two cars from here , would luv to start working on them....! any help is good help..... :confused: if more info is needed to answer my questions just email me or post reply, lilbluechevy@hotmail.com

:blink:
88 s10 slammed 8 12"s 89 1500 bagged lays out
90 rusty ls (soon 2 have 98 b18c1) 94 gsr (99 b18c1) :worthy:

generation 2 has sum swap info but i don't have "word or exel" so i can't veiw them...if some can give the ulr or even post the pics of the of what i'd have to do to wire this beast up.....90ls withb18c1 have the two harnesses and computers......

ok if you want that obd2 motor in your non obd teg, you need to get a ecu conversion harness from jakobd I'm not sure of his website anymore. Or you can get one from boomslang. I woul duse teh P28 ECU and convert it to obd1. To do this you have to get a 4 wire o2 sensor and wire it up.

It is definitely in your best interest to go ahead and covert your teg to obd-1 and use teh p28. Get the P28 chipped with a gsr map on crome and be on your way. take the distributor plugs off the harness on that civic that has the gsr motor in it so you can make a dist. conversion harness out of it. that should be pretty straight forward. With the obd2 gsr motor, you wont need a resistor box for the injectors, so you'll have to either rewire that or put the injectors from your old ls motor on the gsr motor(easiest solution).

I'm really kinda confused on your questions cuz it looks like everything runs into each other but I answered you as best I could.

hey thanx that helps.......one thing though can i get away with using what i have instead of buying an after market patch to go between the ecu 's " jakodb".....I ve been doing remote alarms auto starters and car audio for myself and as a biz for about ten years or more....! Wiring don't scare me but i will not try if i don't know what i'm doing..... if you know how to or know someone that does on here the info and or diagram would do wonders for me..... Now as for the o2 senzor what comes with my 90? and what comes with 98? ( motor that is) i think i have the wiring info for the four wire o2.... just want to know what i have now, be fore i go out and buy one! thanx for the help so far!!!! :worthy:

trust me its way easyer to just get the harness. Its plug and play and you run the wires to the o2 from the new jumper. I wired my own harness once and will never do it again. It just takes to much time and when somethen go's wrong to many things to look up. Plus no matter how good you make it look its still not as good looking as a premade! You need to run a obd1/2 distriber and o2. With the jumper its plugs into it! they also make jumpers that will wire into the stock distriber but youll have to find a jdmb16 obd-o or b17. More money! so its cheaper just to get the jumper.

If you want I give the quick run down on making it your self!
go to junkyard cut the harness clips off ecu side. next find an ecu take it apart and cut the clips off the borad. Then spend hours looking up wiring diagrams from both obd's. Then splice each wire.

sorry if anymiss spelled words Ive been at work for 12hours

What you can do, is get your hands on an obd0 ecu, take the plugs (sockets) out of it (this will be the end that plugs onto the stock harness). Then get the Harness plugs from a OBD-1 honda (these are the plgus that are on the engine harness etc. NOT the ecu (they plug into the ecu). Its not that hard to make one yourself, just time consuming. once you get those parts, find yourself a wiring diagram for each obd and bring the wires together for each pin.

Your obd-0 O2 sensor is a 1-wire. You need to get your hands on a 4 wire o2 sensor and wire it up. You'll need to find instructions on that as well. You will also need to get an obd-1 dohc vtec distributor and the part of the wire harness that plugs into it. Then you can either cut your existing harness and solder the new dist. plug onto it in teh correct locations or take sockets from an obd-0 dist. and solder them to the plugs you took from teh obd-1 dist in the junkyard. Then you have a conversion harness if you do it that way. I hope I made some sense here....

Back