swaping h22a into 95 lude with 23 in it

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hey peeps i'm posting to find out where to get torque specs and other relavent tech info for my swap. I'm putting a JDM h22a obd1 into a 95 prelude that had an h23 in it.

torque specs are on autozone.com's repair section

they have all hondas 95 and earlier, manuals available for free

what other info do you need?

and aren't peeps the sugar coated marshmellow treats in the shapes of little birds?

Any other info that u think would be relevant to a noob engine swapper is welcome, and ya those things are nasty. :p

oh and is that ultimate resource guide any good was thinkin about trying to find that somewhere but not pay fer it ...sounds like a noob trap

some wiring diagrams would be nice as well as i will be installing new ecu and v-tec

It can all be found here.

I have a guide, there is a guide for VTEC wiring, and other tech problems are answered here every day.

NOOB or not, we are here to help. Hondaswap is teh coo forum. We all have experience, and each of us different, so just ask........

ask smart, and we'll answer smart.

Fairly careful, but I haven't had any problems with removing sensors so far. They're pretty easy.

You shouldn't remove any sensors that I can think of while swapping motors.

You'll need to add some wires, and change your ECU, but the motor should come with all the sensors you need.

Looks like iv'e gotta take off the power steering pump to get to the alternater...is it cool to leave some of the ps fluid in the hoses during the swap or should i make sure i get it all out? And how do i loosen and tighten the belts i looked for the adj bolt but couldnt figure out how it made the belts loose hehe. guess thats a lil off topic tho. got the tech stuff i needed btw thanks ppl :)

Leave it in the resevoir and lines, but keep it clean from dirt and crap. Have you seen the little nipple covers for air lines and such? They come in a kit of various sizes. You can either slip them over hard lines, or partially push them into rubber hoses. I have not found anything better for this purpose, although I'm sure someone will argue with me.

Anyhow. Remove the PS hose bolts, plug the holes. Remove the low pressure resevoir hose, and block the holes. Pull the pump if needed, but leave the resevoir in the engine bay. You can drop the AC pump, but don't disconnect the lines.

To loosen the belts, you loosen the main mounting bolts, and back down the adjustment bolts on the alternator and the PS pump. These tension bolts adjust the belts before you lock down the main bolts.

Yep saw all that stuff...thanks. The guy that did the belts b4 me didnt even use that bolt to make the tenshion tighter so i had to remove the whole bracket with the ps pump. :cry: just have to take the axles off and i'll be good to go for removal. Then its just a matter of getting the new one in and wired for v-tec :mrgreen:

Back