Swaping

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hello i wanted to know if its possible for me to
swap a f22b into my crx 91'....
if so...i wanted to know were can i get the compleat
f22b including:
-Ecu
-tranny
-headers
-intake manifold....

it is possible, uses the same mounts as an H22 or H23 swap into that car...
and prob a junk yard would be your best bet for the parts...
but one question...? WHY?????

why not d series? single cam vtec? or mini-me? or b series, ls motor? or vtec b series? b 16, b18, or if you want such a heavy motor do the H23, or best case H22...
look into how much each motor swap weighs and how much horse power you will get
and consider how much each swap will cost you

I actually agree with recked on this one. Theres no reason to do an f22 swap. Its more work than is worthwhile. If you want a 2.2L go with an H22. If you want something a little cheaper go with an LS (good base for an LS\VTEC) or a b16 (like ME!!! torqueless wonder....YAY).

Alright man, you go with a F22 if you like, this guy named Bisi he's running dual weber carbs and hes in the 10 i think...

Bizi has a custom intake manifold to run his carb setup. He also has a custom adapter plate for the tranny because he is still using the one from his d15. I say go for it with this swap. I plan to do it myself. You will need custom mounts welded in along with custom axles and shift linkage. If you plan to go turbo with that engin it can handle 230hp on stock internals with proper tuning. If you do go for the swap best of luck to you. Also when you go looking for an f22b1 try to get one from the 94 or 95 accord which is obd1. The 96 and 97 are obd2 which means more wiring and harder to tune.

Almost forgot, last I herd Bizi ran a 10.12sec 1/4mile

You will need custom mounts welded in

damn, i thought they made a mount kit for H and F into 2nd gen crx, i got told, and just double checked on hasport.com

DEFINATELY DO NOT do this swap if you are worried about just welding a down pipe and such... you will need complete custom mounts...
definately not worth it...

i think i got him conviced to do a custom DIY turbo setup on his ZC... so anyone with info throw it up here for him... and anyone with good stories about DIY turbo, especially on a zc throw it up so he knows he's doing the right thing here

ZC's work well boosted. Check out Homemadeturbo.com and turbod16.com Lots of great info there. ZC's can handle ruffly 200hp on stock internals. But never forget to get TUNING. That is the most important thing i have read about is tuning. Check out zydne for ecu conversions. Fullrace.com sells some good stuff as well. Im still learning my self but i plan on boosting my ZC this summer and ive just been hitting the message boards and reading around. My advice before you go to either of the aformentioned websites is read there FAQ's. Sometimes they arnt as nice as the hondaswap people we got here :) But they really know there shit and they know it well. A guy named Bryson on Homemadeturbo.com and thezcr.com is building a race ZC i belvie. Its gonna be pretty sick once he gets it done. I hope i was alittle bit of help. Have a great day.

Jeramy

Stories-
http://www.homemadeturbo.com/turbo_projects/14b/

http://www.homemadeturbo.com/turbo_projects/ZC_IHI/

http://www.homemadeturbo.com/turbo_projects/60-1_race_ZC/

Back