Swappable Synchro's??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

adnoh

My tranny has the 2nd and 3rd synchro's shot. I understand that these trannies from B16's are really bad for tearing through the crappy single synchro's that come stock with them. I was wondering if when I replace my 1+2+3+4 synchro's (still pisses me off they only come in sets of two), if I can replace them with the dual synchro's from the Civic Type R B16B tranny instead? The tranny's are pretty much identical aren't they? Do you think this would help me in the future with going through these things? Thanks for help.

Interesting, I did not know CTR trannies had dual syncros. What about ITRs? I havent seen the syncros from either so I don't know off the top of my head. Where did you find that bit of info out of curiosity?

Originally posted by nfn15037@May 16 2004, 01:00 PM
Interesting, I did not know CTR trannies had dual syncros. What about ITRs? I havent seen the syncros from either so I don't know off the top of my head. Where did you find that bit of info out of curiosity?

In the tech articles from this website. And a few other places on the web. I believe the ITR has dual synchro's as well, but dont quote me on that one.

Back