1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Swappable Synchro's??

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by adnoh, May 12, 2004.

1. adnoh

adnoh Senior Member

My tranny has the 2nd and 3rd synchro's shot. I understand that these trannies from B16's are really bad for tearing through the crappy single synchro's that come stock with them. I was wondering if when I replace my 1+2+3+4 synchro's (still pisses me off they only come in sets of two), if I can replace them with the dual synchro's from the Civic Type R B16B tranny instead? The tranny's are pretty much identical aren't they? Do you think this would help me in the future with going through these things? Thanks for help.

2. nfn15037

nfn15037 Senior Member

Interesting, I did not know CTR trannies had dual syncros. What about ITRs? I havent seen the syncros from either so I don't know off the top of my head. Where did you find that bit of info out of curiosity?

3. adnoh

adnoh Senior Member

In the tech articles from this website. And a few other places on the web. I believe the ITR has dual synchro's as well, but dont quote me on that one.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted