swapped a b18a1 into my 91 civic engine turns but wont start

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

steel205

i just recently swapped a b18a1 from a 90 integ into my 91 civic i plugged all the wires from the civic harness into the integra engine the engine turns over but does start and there is a wierd buzzing sound in my dash when u turn the key to on any help would be appreciated i am starting this new thread because it is a new problem so if anyone can help me out that would be amazing

it sometimes take a while to start so that the fuel pressure builds up and check all your grounds. it took me a few times before it started i just keep cranking it and them vroom but check all that and then crank it up again you might want to check fuel pressure.

Are you using a injector resistor box? Is their spark? Is it getting gas... with the stock wiring you need the resistor box or their will be no injectors firing. If you have no spark ckeck the wiring to the dist. if its good try a new coil.

sounds to me like a ground... had the same problem. made a weird buzzing sound.. turns out the ground on the bracket for the clutch cable which is on the tranny was a little rusted.

thnx all and ya it was the ground on the tstat that was loose fried my relay but got a new one started right up and well its pretty damn fast now

ya she boogys nicely spins first an second no problem and i dont even have to powershift like i had to with the sohc zc

Check the ground at the thermostat housing
What wires are these. There's two of them. One is black/yellow, the other is light blue. These wires were on the B16 I just put in but they are cut. I have the same two wires on my 91 crx si but they have a plug like they plug in somewhere. I dont recall using them before with the sohc engine.

G151: 2 black, 1 brown/black, a red/black, center of engine compartment. The wires should come together in a set of ring terminals.

well to figure out wat they are u are going to have to find a sensor or or a plug on the engine that doesnt have anything plugged in

Everything is plugged in. It's a jdm B16a. Those wires were grounded together on the thermostat housing, and cut off when the engine was pulled in japan. My 91 crx si harness doesn't have those wires.

Everything is plugged in. It's a jdm B16a. Those wires were grounded together on the thermostat housing, and cut off when the engine was pulled in japan. My 91 crx si harness doesn't have those wires.

Unless they were cut off there should be a small bundle of ground wires on the stock si harness that goes to the thermostat housing. I remember that from the first time i replaced the motor in my old 91 si hatch. The motor had the ground wires clipped of so when I was checking my wiring after the install a saw wires attatched to the housing but didn't realize that they were clipped off and the ones from my harness were hanging out in space. The funny thing is it would start but in ran shitty and I had relays buzzing and lights flickiring in the dash. Took me a little while to figure out what was up with that.

lol when i did my b18 swap recently (first one) i didnt have the thermostat ground hooked up the car wud turn but not start and the relay made the worst buzzing noise ever then when i hookedd up the ground i found out i had fried my relay ($81 later ) it runs mint

fernpatch thank you so much i f-ed up and dident fully tighten that dang bolt up thanks again

Back