swapped engine rebuild

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

driveordie

pulled the swapped 93 ls motor from my crx and opted to rebuild it (not that it had issues, just felt like it needs more power). this is it's current setup. I have kept it OBD0

89 crx si shell
90-91 ls ecu, dis, fuel rail
450 cc dsm injectors
93 ls block, stock internals
97 ls head, intake manifold
97 dc 2pc header
holly 70 mm throttle body
oem 93 ls tranny
custom 2.5 exhaust pipes
magnaflow muffler
magnaflow hi-flow cat.
b&m fpr

now, this is what i'm looking at adding...

t3 turbo
custom manifold and downpipe
35mm wastegate
turbo xs bov, boost controller
custom oil lines and i/c piping
eclipe side mount i/c (low profile look)
oil cooler
...internals...
eagle rods
eagle pistons
dart sleaves
...head...
skunk 2 valve springs, retainers, intake manifold, tb and camgears
valve job

now for my question....i was just going to keep my stock cams. but... what other oem cams do you think would work better...97 ls, 93ls, or other? just curious

If your just going stock there's not much camwise for your LS. Some great OEM cams for the VTec guys, but your pretty much at the top of your game for the non-VTec. Leave whats in there in there.

Quoted post[/post]]
how much power do you want to make? because it seems like new sleeves aren't necessary.

i'm not sure exactly the power ouput goal quite yet. I know a few of the parts aren't necessary but i figure if i don't put them in and decide i want more power i'll have to open it up again. but if i do and decide i want low boost at least i'll know the block is safe ( as long as everything else is tuned ). my way of saving time in the long run :)

Back