swapped in a gsr in a EK..now high idle problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ddong2lee

i just swapped in a 01 gsr in my ek coupe this weekend. the swap went fine. right now its open headers cause the headers dont reach the cat but that'll be fixed tomorrow. and we had to reuse the EX harness from my car cause the harness from the gsr was modified a lot so i think we have a couple sensors on the harness not used.

ok heres the big problem. im idling at just below 2k, warmed up and everything. when i start moving, lets say im stopped and i put it in 1st and drive off slowly, the rpm goes below the idle rpms. so when im driving off, its fine. its normal. but every idle, im just around 2k rpms.

can you guys help me out?

Check these plugs and make sure you have them connected to the right sensor in this order
1. IAC
2. TPS
3. MAP

I am pretty sure it could be your IAC...any check engine light?...if no and if everything is connected right check your throttle body and vacumm lines for vacumm leak...I ran into the same problem when I did my swap....let us know how it turns out

If u check all of the above mentioned sensors and everything is ok then ur getting extra air in the intake manifold after the MAP sensor, it will idle high and lean because the air is not registered by MAP sensor. it thinks its getting less air than it really is, check all your vacuum lines and make sure there isnt a vacuum port that is open that you cannot see. Happened to me on a swap i did there was a vacuum port on the bottom of the intake manifold that i missed, car idled at 2100rpm and everything checked out perfect, wasnt until i realized that i could hear a hissing sound underneath the intake manifold when i was checking for leaks. Put my my finger over the port and it dropped the idle right down.

check the TB, i had a similar problem and then i took off my TB and made sure all the screws were tightened and that that TB was lucricated enought to close and the problem was solved, try it and get back to us.

Back