Swapped Teg Hubs Onto My CRX HF

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CReX123

Ok, Here we go again........Well I finally got my motor started and i drove my baby, and the car is having problems braking. I swapped the teg hubs on there and i have drilled rotors with kevlar Brake pads. I bled the brakes and everything. When im like, going real slow, itll will stop with ease, But when i drive it i have to pump the brake mad times to get it to stop. All i swapped from the teg was just the hubs, Am i missing something?????? Someone please help me, THANKS!

I did bleed the brakes......All i did was open the valves on both calipers, Pumped the brakes till there was a straight line of fluid coming out and then tightened the valve back up. Is there something i did wrong to bleed the brakes?

1st, loosened Bleeding Valve on Both Front Sides.
2nd, Had someone Pump brakes until a smooth line of fluid squirted out.
3rd, tightened Valves closed once there was a smooth line of fluid.
and that was all i did, Did i miss something or do something wrong?

yeah that sounds like your problem, here do it like this: Get a rubber hose the size of the nipples and a bottle. Take the cap off the MC and make sure there is enough fluid, then go the right rear, have someone pump the brakes, but only half way down to the floor, when there is pressure, have them hold the pedal down half way, in the mean time, place the rubber hose over the nipple and fill the bottle with enough fluid that the bottom of the hose in the bottle is submereged. Then open the valve and let the fluid flow through, continue this procedure until there is no air bublles comming throught the hose and into the bottle. Refill the master cyclinder and repeat in this order, right rear, left rear, right front, left front.

I only have front calipers, Rears are drums for now. Do i have to do anything to the drums??

Same thing- if you've introduced air into the car's brake system, you'll want to bleed all four corners. Start with the corner farthest from the master cylinder, then work your way in to the closest. I don't know how Bl6 was telling you to bleed, but what you basically need to do to bleed is this:

0. Attach clear hose to bleeder screw
1. Push down on pedal, HOLD IT DOWN
2. Open bleeder screw
3. Let fluid rush out
4. Close bleeder screw
5. Lift pedal

Repeat 1-5 until the fluid runs clean and without bubbles through the clear hose. You do NOT want to lift the pedal while the bleeder screw is open- you'll let air back into the system and just make everything really nice and bubbly.

So what your saying is that Drum Brakes also use brake fluid and you can bleed them also, and i can bleed them the same as regular calipers???? Thats good then i guess, cause i never knew that.

stop don't bleed your brakes and take your car to a shop and have them do it if you don't even know the basics like the cars drums use fluid you should not be working on your brakes. Did you torque everthing when you tightend it up

WOW, like a care about Drums anyway, im swapping the rest of the integra suspension in the back. And i would never take my car to any garage so they can try to rape me, im my own mechanic.

Oh, and torque what when i tightened it?????

Back