Swapping '05 RSX Type S engine.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

07civic

Hey guys hope you can help.

I have a 2007 Civc EX sedan and want to swap in my 2005 RSX Type S engine into it. I was wondering if this is possible?

I know we have certain problems, like the throttle body, one engine mount, wiring issues, a pully system. That is as far as I got into the problems. I can pick up these parts for pretty cheap. My issue is, is it even possible even if I have all the proper things I need.

My engine guy says he isn't sure if it is possible and is currently looking into it, he says it will require a lot of work to get it done though.

Anyways any help would be awesome, thanks guys.

I don't see why it isn't possible. A K should drop right in, I'm pretty sure the sedan engine bay is the same as the coupes. I was thinking of doing the same thing,

I don't see why it isn't possible. A K should drop right in, I'm pretty sure the sedan engine bay is the same as the coupes. I was thinking of doing the same thing,

Yeah I was thinking the same thing as well, but when I dropped the engine off at the shop buddy wasn't so sure.

The main issue I see is that the power steering and the throttle are completely different.

Back